ㅤ⁰²¹: it's from hideo

April 22

April 22

Ren Asai.

The bane of Hanae's existence.

That woman was beyond infuriating and Kyoya's attitude towards her didn't help. Hanae tried to bring it up again after the first incident but he completely brushed her off, saying that Ren Asai, was nothing more than a childhood friend... that was his one-sentence explanation.

Hanae rolled her eyes and took out a bottle of white nail polish from her drawer. She was trying to paint her toenails but she stopped when she realized her hands were shaky.

She took a deep breath and leaned her head back on her white couch, she was getting anxious again... she really wanted to smoke.

She couldn't drive herself anywhere without an escort and she was too ashamed to ask any of the employees if they could bring her some cigarettes. So here she was, shaking because she couldn't handle her anxiety.

She laid on her couch for what felt like an eternity, trying to calm down and rearrange her thoughts. She was so engulfed in her thoughts that it took her a moment to realize that Kyoya had walked into her room.

She felt every muscle in her body tense up when she saw him walk in, and she instantly shot up to her feet.

"What do you want?" She began picking up her things off from the couch in a hurry, but her stupid hands kept shaking, and she quickly ran to put her things down in her drawer.

"My brother's coming." He mumbled setting a hand down on her vanity, and she frowned.

"Yuuichi?" She shielded her hands.

He nodded and he paused for a moment before continuing, "Takara's coming with him."

She jerked her head over to him, a hopeful look on her face, and Kyoya felt his breath catch in his throat.

He hadn't seen her smile in months.

"I–I... uh I should get ready, your brother is the prime minister."

"Deputy prime minister," He looked down at the floor. "He's already so full of himself."

"Apple doesn't fall far from the tree," She said, her pretty smile still present on her face.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

It took her a moment to respond, and Kyoya noticed the fabric on her white sleeves moving slightly... was she trembling?

"Yuuichi might be an asshole, but–" She took a step backwards when Kyoya began walking towards her. "What are you–" He caught her arms and she dropped the things she was holding.

"Are you shaking?" He asked and she tried yanking her hands away, but they only started trembling more, and Kyoya's stomach sunk. "Hanae what's wrong?"