ㅤㅤ ⁰³⁸: all i wanted, daughter

August 26

August 26

Kyoya's feet dragged as he walked down the stairs of his home, thankful that it was already past midnight so none of his staff was awake, life had been somewhat hard to piece together lately.

He'd brought Ren back into his home, she was practically the complete opposite of Hanae, he figured having her around would make it easier to forget his wife's betrayal.

He was wrong.

If anything she made it harder.

Every time Ren tried climbing on top of him, he'd be reminded of Hanae's accusing words, and he'd end up pushing her away, he couldn't give Hanae the satisfaction of being right.

He'd only had sex with Ren once in his entire life, he intended to keep it that way... for the time being anyway.

He sat down on the end of the stairs with his bottle of tequila clattering next to him, after a couple of minutes of staring up at his white ceiling, his eyes landed on the white piano that had been abandoned for weeks.

He took a sharp breath, he could practically hear her laugh echoing through the room, making his head pound.

"Fuck," He muttered under his breath, running a shaky hand through his hair. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

Before he could process what he was doing, he was in front of the instrument.

The room was spinning, he stumbled towards the piano and his hand came down on the keys, making an awful noise, that rang throughout the empty house.

A thought flashed in his mind, of her body bent down over their bed, with Hideo Nanako on top of her, it made his stomach churn.

He could hear her laughing, smiling, crying out Hideo Nanako's name, whispering the same things she'd mumble into his own ear as she came down from her high.

The thought made his chest burn, and before he could stop himself he grabbed an iron from the fireplace and struck the white keys first.

He struck it, once, then again, and again, and again.

He could feel sweat dripping from his back, his breath so ragged as he pulled a box of matches out from a drawer.

He could hear loud footsteps coming towards him, but he ignored them as he scratched a red match against the box.

"What are you doing?!" Ren cried behind him, but it was too late he had already thrown the match onto the mess of white shards and loose pieces of keys and strings.

Another voice came quickly as the flames engulfed the instrument.

September 15

When Hanae woke up she was welcomed with the same empty bed that greeted her each morning.

She had moved into Mary's apartment a little over a month ago and the first week was the hardest, she'd wake up in the morning to an empty bed and was reminded of everything that had happened.

She'd tried to call Kyoya but he had blocked her number, and she'd even tried going to their home and speaking to him, but he never answered the door, and the employees wouldn't let her through.

She had to go to her first ultrasound without her husband so she took her parents and Akise instead, and her father asked about Kyoya's whereabouts–but it was Hanae's mother who lied for her and told him that Kyoya was busy.

She'd finally started feeling some sense of normalcy around the end of August, but all that completely collapsed when she heard that Hideo and Valerie had gotten married.

Married.

She took a deep breath as her hand mindlessly started playing with her wedding band. Her inner turmoil stopped for a moment when Mary slammed into her bedroom.

"Babes, look, look at what I got us!"

Hanae stretched her arms and yawned. "What is it?"

"A trip to Bali!" Mary shoved the tickets in her face.

"In Indonesia?"

"Duh."

"Mary this is way too expensive," Hanae grabbed the tickets. "I can't take this, I'm already living in your house."

"I don't give two shits, I missed you anyways. Plus it's been a while since I've been away from Kaoru, I need a break."

Hanae closed her eyes as flashbacks from the night she got kicked out of her home came back.

"Please tell him thank you... for keeping my secret."

Mary took a deep breath, "Well I don't know if he could hold himself back from telling Hikaru, but I'll make sure to tell him... again."

Hanae nodded, and Mary couldn't hold back her excitement before pulling her into a tight embrace.

"Are you ready, babes? We're leaving in three days!" She squealed.

Hanae smiled, but then the shock made her stomach drop.

"Three days?" Hanae asked with wide eyes.

"Mhm! And we're staying for two weeks."

"Mary..." Hanae whispered. "I left my passport back in the manor."