ㅤㅤ⁰²⁵: it was worth it

May 31

May 31

Hideo was shocked when an old woman opened Takara's door and said, "Hideo Nanako? Mr.Ootori's been expecting you."

Hideo and his friend had been barely scraping by and they'd been living inside Kai's car–with fake license plates of course–visiting Takara was basically his last resort before banging on each of Kyoya Ootori's doors.

Now he sat awkwardly in a study, every bone in his body telling him to run. He looked around the immaculate room and took a deep breath to try and calm himself, what had he gotten himself into?

How did that woman know who he was?

And why hadn't she contacted the police?

He knew he was risking it all to visit Takara, but she was his last chance to figure out where Hanae was, and Takara had been ignoring all his calls.

Hideo looked outside the window and wondered how risky it would be to jump out of it, considering he was on the second floor.

But his escape plans were cut short when a man with dark hair and dark eyes walked into the room, Hideo stayed quiet as he eyed the man up and down.

Yuuichi Ootori... Japan's Deputy Prime Minister, and Kyoya Ootori's brother.

"Welcome, Nanako." He said his voice as smooth as silk, as he took his seat in front of his desk.

When Hideo didn't utter a word, Yuuichi continued to speak, "I'm certain you have a lot of questions... Well, you see my wife has been so distraught lately, and I asked myself, why? So I decided to look over her phone and found a thousand missed calls and messages from a blocked number. I took one look at some of the messages you left, and then it didn't take long to connect the dots... You're Hideo Nanako, the man Hanae Sasaki was going to run away with on her wedding day."

Hideo's blood went cold, how did this man know so much?

Why on earth would a politician like Ootori care about his life?

"You're probably asking yourself how I know so much," Yuuichi said practically reading Hideo's thoughts.

Hideo scowled.

Yuuichi smirked and took that as a response, "Well let's just say we share a common interest,"

Hideo scoffed, "And what would that be?"

He'd never met this man before, and he thought they shared anything in common?

How ridiculous.

"We both want to take Kyoya down."

Every muscle in Hideo's body clenched, he didn't know much about Kyoya Ootori aside from what everyone already knew, he was a calculative, detached, and influential businessman who owned Ootori Medical, but that didn't stop Hideo from wanting to choke the man every time he saw a picture of his come up on the news.