ㅤㅤ⁰²⁷: the ultimatum

June 4

June 4

Ren dashed into the kitchen, fixing her gray uniform as she grabbed one of the chocolate croissants Hinata had made and stuffing it in her mouth.

"You're late." Hinata sang playfully before handing Ren a cup of almond milk.

Ren shook her head, "I know, I know, I overslept. It's just doing my father's job as well as mine is really taking a toll on me,"

"May he rest in peace... but when is Kyoya going to hire another foreman?" She asked placing the egg on top of the toast she'd made earlier.

Ren sighed as she threw her hair up in a neat ponytail, she missed her father a lot, and she knew Kyoya took so long to hire another foreman for her sake, but it'd been a couple of months of balancing the inside of the house, as well as running stuff on the farm and the stress was getting to her.

"He told me the new foreman was coming in a couple of days," Ren grabbed the tray from the counter.

Hinata stopped her, "Wait, you need to take Mrs.Ootori's tray as well."

Ren scoffed and was about to open her mouth before Emma came rushing into the kitchen.

"What is it with all of you running in here today?" Hinata pouted.

"I apologize, but Mr.Ootori has a visitor, he said he was the new foreman, Haru Uchida," Emma said, nearly out of breath.

Ren jerked her head over to look at her.

"Alright, I will let Kyoya know, make sure to offer Mr.Uchida breakfast," Ren mumbled, as she begrudgingly balanced Hanae's tray on her other hand.

She effortlessly went up the stairs and knocked on Hanae's door, but when Hanae didn't answer, she rolled her eyes and set the tray down on an accent table, and then she walked right into Kyoya's room to give him his breakfast, but there was little that could prepare her for the sight inside.

She felt her stomach drop all the way to the floor when she saw the man she loved holding his wife in his arms, as if he loved her.

When had they started sleeping together?

It had been two months since they had gotten married, and no one had ever seen either Hanae or Kyoya in each other's rooms.

The shock only intensified when the steel platter clattered on the floor, the sound ringing throughout the room, and her breath caught in her throat when she saw him stir.

He didn't even bother to put on his glasses, before he attempted to shield Hanae from Ren's view, but it was already too late, of course.

"Ren, what are you doing in here?" He said desperately. "Get out right now!"

"I'm–I'm sorry I didn't mean to!"

She could tell he was waiting for her to leave but she couldn't.