ㅤㅤ⁰³⁰: and you don't seem the lying kind

June 21

June 21

"Talk to me, what's wrong?" Kyoya sat down on the balcony next to her.

She closed her eyes, as the cold night air whipped her hair around her shoulders.

"Nothing's wrong." She mumbled as her eyes landed on the house merely a couple of minutes away from her, the house where Hideo lived.

"I thought things were getting better."

She could only sigh, he was trying so hard to fix things because he thought her cold attitude was because of what had happened with Ren.

If only he knew it was because the man she loved was practically living under the same roof as him, and refused to leave no matter how many times Hanae begged.

"Things are better." She whispered, forcing herself to hold his hand. "I'm just not feeling well."

"This is getting out of hand, you've been acting like this for weeks. Let me take you to the doctor's."

She shook her head. "I just get like this sometimes, you know. I've always been a mess, it's just harder to get through it without my... vices,"

"Cigarettes."

"Cigarettes... amongst other things." She nodded.

"You know I don't like that you smoke... but that's only because you have a substance abuse problem, Hanae."

"I know... but I'm getting through it. I've gone cold turkey since our wedding." She laughed, but there was no humor behind it.

He stared blankly at the sky. "You smoked on our wedding day?"

"I did a lot of things on our wedding day." She closed her eyes. "A lot of things I regret."

There was a moment where neither of them spoke instead, they only stared up at the unusually bright moon.

"I thought, we were going to leave those things in the past." He whispered, the pain from the day still evident in his voice.

She could feel a tightening in her chest.

"Can we do that?" She turned back to look at him. "Are we actually capable of leaving every shitty thing we did to each other behind?"

"For you?" He smiled, that painful smile that didn't reach his eyes before tilting her chin up to look at him. "For you, I'd leave everything behind."

She felt her face heat up when he came closer, and suddenly his lips were against her own.

Her shaky hands went up to grab his arms. She hadn't kissed him in weeks, not since the night Hideo had arrived, but she felt her knees begin to grow weak when he slipped his tongue inside, and she gasped gently when his warm hand landed on her waist and pulled her closer towards him.

But no matter how much she cared about him, no matter how badly she wanted to feel his soft lips against her skin, she couldn't help the familiar pair of blue eyes that haunted her mind.

She pushed him away and took a sharp breath.

"Can I–Can I tell you something?" She said quickly, her face a bright shade of red, he could only nod. "But you have to promise me that you're going to believe me."

"I... I promise." He said as she held his face.

He's here.

I had nothing to do with it but he's here.

"Nevermind." She mumbled pulling away from him.

"Hanae,"

"I'm okay, I promise." She gave him a weak smile before she stepped back inside her room. "We're going to be okay."

Neither of them had a single idea that a pair of jealous eyes were watching them from below.

author's note: woo literally shortest chapter i've written in forever