ㅤㅤ⁰¹⁴ : exclusive

author's note: sorry im excited to post, take it as a sorry for not updating yesterday 😳 also if ur reading pls comment i'm desperate for comments😩🖐🏼✊🏼

February 8

Hanae swallowed the lump growing in her throat as she held onto Kyoya's hand tightly. He'd convinced her to wear a blindfold after they got off his car, telling her that the surprise would be worth it, and he was now leading her through the darkness.

She would be lying if she said she wasn't confused though.

This was their third 'date' and they were in the middle of winter, but he'd warned her to wear light layers, and wherever they were–it was warm.

She could feel sand dragging through her feet, and she could hear the water crashing into–what she could only assume was–the shore... but that made absolutely no sense, there was no way they were at the beach.

"Kyoya, where are we going?"

She heard him chuckle and then she felt his hands slip away from her own before they landed on her shoulders.

"We're here," She could practically hear the smile on his lips as he took the blindfold off and her heart nearly stopped when she saw the scene laid out in front of her.

She blinked rapidly, doing her best to take it all in, there was a gazebo-like structure with white curtains draped around the edges, and fairy lights hung from the ceiling. On the inside, there was a small table with woven pillows and a rug.

"What's all this?" She whispered as she looked at the pretty scene.

"I figured we could go somewhere more private tonight," He began pulling her towards the elaborate set-up and she could feel her hands begin to get sweaty as she kneeled down on the woven rug.

He did say that he liked her... maybe he was trying to make things more official? Maybe he was going to ask her if they could make things exclusive, or maybe even ask her to be his girlfriend?

She could feel her cheeks begin to flush at the thought so she bit the inside of her cheek and looked up at the glass ceiling as he popped open a bottle of white wine.

If he did ask her out officially, would she say yes? If she did agree, the relationship itself would be short-lived anyways, her mother was definitely trying to arrange another marriage for her, so she would have to end things with him the second her mother found another suitor.

She closed her eyes and shook her head, she should stop worrying so much about a future she couldn't do anything about. She had to live in the present she had to enjoy the little freedom she had left. She took a deep breath and did her best to center herself back into reality.

It looked like they were inside a make-shift beach... a waterpark?

"Going all out for our third date," She looked up from the plate of fruit that had been set in front of her, with a mischievous smile on her face. "You trynna get laid or something?"