ㅤㅤ⁰¹⁹ : i've missed you so much

author's note: sorry for the late update i was struggling!

April 8

Hanae had inched herself as far as she could from Kyoya during the entire duration of the two-hour ride, in which they both refused to even acknowledge each other.

After all, they had told each other everything they wanted to say the day before and then continued to argue throughout the night as they reached the hotel, where they both slept in separate rooms.

So Hanae was more than thankful once she saw the forest come to an end, and she saw what looked like an estate in the distance.

It was definitely not the home they'd picked out together a couple weeks before.

Once they reached the grand entrance and they got out of the SUV, Hanae asked where they were.

She felt the rage in her stomach grow when Kyoya ignored her, and instead turned his attention to a young man in his early thirties with dirty blonde hair that was running up to them. "Hello Mr.Ootori, we weren't expecting you,"

"Last minute change of plans, tell someone to come and unpack the bags from the trunk," Kyoya answered with a flat look in his eyes.

There was an awkward pause as the employee looked up at them, "Mr.Ootori, some–something bad happened a couple of days ago, but we haven't been able to reach you."

"What's the matter, Dosei?" Kyoya barely glanced at his out-of-breath employee, and Hanae rolled her eyes.

What had she ever seen in this man?

Dosei nervously popped his knuckles before he began, "It's–It's Mr.Asai, he passed away three days ago, he just got cremated this morning."

Hanae's eyes widened and she quickly looked over at Kyoya who looked just as shocked as she did, but it was Kyoya's response that confused her even more. "How's Ren?"

Who's Ren?

But Hanae's question was answered once a blonde woman came running out of the estate and instantly threw herself onto Kyoya.

"Kyoya, I didn't think you'd come, we couldn't get to you in days!" The girl cried into Kyoya's shoulder, her blue eyes full of anguish.

Although Kyoya had his signature calm demeanor, his eyes looked full of worry, and Hanae couldn't help but notice that before this woman had come along, that look had only been reserved for her.

She did her best to bite back the sensation of heat flashing in her chest.

"Ren, what happened to your father?" Kyoya asked, pulling the disheveled woman off of him.

Ren inhaled deeply, she could hardly form a sentence but it looked like she was trying her best, "I–I don't know, he was fine one night and then I woke up the next morning and he was gone, the doctors said it was his blood sugar... I've missed you so much, Kyoya."