ㅤㅤ⁰¹⁸ : you ruined it all

author's note: hehe early update bc i like this chapter! if you want the vibes you can listen to Daughter's album If You Leave

April 7

"Yes, thank you for coming," Kyoya smiled as he shook General Swann's hand.

"I'm going to be honest Ootori, I'm a little disappointed, I always thought you'd make the perfect boyfriend for my Valerie here."

"Grandpa!" The girl's face went a deep shade of red and Kyoya simply smiled, he knew better than to insult such an important man.

"Was that rude?" General Swann asked.

"Yes, very. Kyoya and Hanae are my friends!" Valerie exclaimed and Kyoya's mind faltered for fraction of a second.

Valerie Swann and him rarely spoke to each other aside from the occasional times he'd seen her at one of his hospitals, since she was part of such an influential family he would offer her their private wing.

But he would never go as far as to call the girl his friend.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone, your mom's calling me over." He said and in an instant the man was gone, leaving Kyoya alone with the nervous girl.

"I–I'm so sorry about that, my grandpa has no filter, but thank you so much for inviting me. I'm really happy for you and Hanae, you're both such great people." She said smiling brightly, and Kyoya couldn't detect even a hint of insincerity in her tone.

"It's no problem, Ms.Swann–"

"Ms.Swann? I thought we were friends, you shouldn't be so formal!" She laughed, her violet eyes entrancing him for a moment.

This girl really was an enigma, a force to be reckoned with, no doubt.

He was only pulled out of his thoughts when she heard Valerie gasp and yell out Hanae's name.

He jerked his head over to see his wife practically running towards him, he quickly excused himself from the conversation and began to walk towards her. When they reached each other he could see that tears had smeared her makeup, and she was looking up at him with a look he couldn't quite pin down.

"What's wrong?" He asked quickly, running a thumb across the dark streaks on her cheeks.

Hanae's eyes widened as she looked at him, "Nothing, I–I was just talking with my dad and he was saying goodbye... It just made me really sad."

He could tell she was keeping something from him, but he really didn't care. He'd just married the person that meant everything to him, there was absolutely nothing that could ruin this day for him.

His hand went up to grab her own and he said, "Thank you,"

"For what?" Her pretty lips parted slightly.