ㅤㅤ⁰²⁶: show me

June 6

June 6

Hanae pouted as she cracked an egg into the instant ramen she was making.

It was well past midnight and she'd gotten the sudden craving to eat something... but if she was being honest with herself she was a pretty bad cook.

Whenever Hanae was younger, her dad taught her and her older brother that adding milk and eggs to a packet of instant ramen quickly turned it into a more fulfilling meal.

She was so concentrated on stirring the pot, that she nearly dropped her chopstick when a voice called out to her in the darkness.

"What are you doing?"

She jerked her head over to find Kyoya standing in the kitchen doorway, and her face went red when she realized he must've been standing there for a while, and he was looking at her struggle to cook instant ramen.

"I–I got hungry, I didn't want to wake any of the employees up." She straightened up. "When did you come back?"

"An hour ago," He smiled and turned on the kitchen light. "I didn't want to wake you."

Her features softened. "You should've."

"What are you making?"

"Ramen."

"Is it done?"

"Almost, I just need to wait for it to simmer."

He walked up next to her. "I'll do the rest for you."

She spent the next couple of minutes, sitting on the countertop, laughing at him as he struggled to pour the broth into the bowl.

"I wouldn't be laughing if I were you, there's more eggshells in here than noodles." He handed her the bowl of food and she smiled, sticking her chopsticks inside.

"It's still gonna be good. You want some?"

But before he could refuse she'd already stuck the food in his mouth, and she smiled when his nose wrinkled as he chewed the noodles.

He looked awfully cute when he pouted.

"Did you like them?" She teased, a mischievous smile on his face

He shook his head. "They're the most vile thing I've ever put on my mouth."

"Oh, shut it." She laughed. "What a useless wife you picked, can't even cook ramen right."

He rolled his eyes but the smile on his lips remained.

She tried drinking some more of the broth but she grimaced and set the bowl down.

"You're right this is pretty bad," She shook her head and drank some water before asking the question that was eating her up inside. "How are things back home? How are our friends?"