Chapter Eight

"What is your problem?!" Lou confusedly asked, her hand flung to her head as she tried so hard to keep her voice down.

Debbie was sitting on the couch. They had been arguing for over five minutes, still the reason was so vague and too shallow for Lou. It all didn't make sense. Debbie just fired up. The brunette chose to be silent sitting on the couch, hoping for her temper to cool, because whenever she's mad, her tongue gets out of control and she didn't want it to happen. She was upset. She was upset about the whole thing.

Debbie looked up, "I am just telling you that I do not like her."

"Why don't you like Julia? You don't even know her!"

"That's the point, Lou!" Debbie stood up and faced Lou, "I do not fucking know her and Danny is calling her mama!" Her eyes widened and her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at the blonde, "My child," Debbie exclaimed, pointing a finger to herself," ...is calling that fucking Julia mama." She exhaled exasperatedly before she looked at Lou again, "I don't want it."

"Well, that's not my problem! And that shouldn't be your problem too! Danny likes her. Danny loves to call her mama and you do not have the right to wheel Danny what to do or what not to do, Deborah!" Lou snapped.

"Well, Danny is my child!" Debbie countered, her hand flew to her chest, emphasizing that Danny was hers, "I am her mother for god fucking sake, Louise! I am her mom and I can wheel her---"

Lou scoffed, "Her mom? Yes, you are, but do not fucking forget that you left her Deborah! You left her! And now you're complaining about Julia because Danny is calling her mama? Grow up! Stop being jealous, Debbie!"

"I am not jealous, Lou! I just don't like Julia!"

"Well, then stop liking her. No one asked you to do it. Just stop complaining about Danny calling her mama because that is none of your business."

The brunette looked at Lou unbelievably. It took her a few seconds before she nodded, biting her lip, subtly absorbing every word that came out of Lou's lips. Her eyes were dwelling with tears, but she tried so hard not to let it fall, not in front of Lou. The blonde stood there in front, furious of the conversation they were having. But even if Debbie looked so dauntless and not an inch of vulnerability, Lou could see the tears that she was holding. She could sense how badly those tears wanted to fall due to the rising and the falling of Debbie's chest.

"Yes, you maybe right. Goddamn it you are right." Debbie started again and nodded, "Maybe I am jealous, Lou. Maybe I am jealous because I went here thinking I can send Danny to school. I woke up thinking I can cook breakfast for her just like the very first day I came back. I am jealous because I thought I can run her bath again, dress her up for school, braid her hair and drive her to school, but I didn't." Her tears fell, but she quickly wiped it away, "I didn't, because your friend - that fucking Julia was here. I am jealous because I am the mother, yet I wasn't the one doing those things, it's your goddamn friend." She jested, emphasizing the last word.

"Debbie, you slept. You woke up at 9 am!"

"Well, you could have fucking told me that Julia wakes up at 5 am and be here at exactly 6 am to mother my own child, Louise! Kindergarten starts at 11 am and I didn't know that Julia was that dedicated that she wakes up before the sun comes." She picked up her phone on the sofa and walked past Lou, she trudged towards the kitchen where she left her purse and her car-key, "You have a fantastic friend. A friend who mothers your kid and that is so fucking great." And with that, Debbie opened the  main door and slammed it as she walked out.