Chapter Fifty Six

Lou's lips became too irresistible that Debbie could hear it saying, kiss me, kiss me, kiss me. 

Debbie had spent far too many nights - after Lou offered her friendship - trying not to love her anymore. She had been teaching her heart not to utter Lou's name, and had been trying to tell her mind that it's all over, the chapter was done, story was closed, but right there, with Lou cupping her face and with the blonde's strawberry-scotch drenched lips, the brunette realized that loving Lou had always been a part of her existence; it was like she was brought into the world with only one purpose in life and that was to love Lou. Debbie realized that trying to unlove Lou was futile, because loving the blonde had always been her nature - repressed and buried so deeply in her bone marrows.

"Oh." Debbie finally broke the ice as she moved on the couch and when she did, it was when Lou realized that she had been holding Debbie's face and that she and Debbie were staring at each other's lips for God knew how long.

"Sorry." Lou withdrew as she moved away on the other side, hands cupped together in between her legs as if she had touched a fire, "Uhm. Yeah. So, as I was saying..." Lou breathed as she gave Debbie a look, "...you're beautiful."

The brunette, in the same state as the blonde was, nervous and  a bit too defensive for the almost act they both could have done because if she didn't speak, who knows what would happen? Debbie could picture out the aftermath if she didn't utter an oh; she knew it would lead to two things: it's either she would be bent over on the sofa with Lou pumping in on her from behind or she would be on top of Lou on the sofa. Still embarassed, Debbie didn't answer Lou, instead she poured herself a scotch, nearly spilling as her glass was too full and in her adrenaline, she drunk it empty in just seconds.

Debbie put down the glass as she wiped her lips with the back of her hand, "Stop it, Lou."

"Stop what?"

She rolled her eyes as she scotch was gradually taking her spirit down, "Quit telling me I'm beautiful."

"Why? Just stating a fact."

"I get it. Just..." Debbie sighed as she felt her head started to throb, "...just stop it." She added before she slowly leaned her head back on the couch's arm rest, "Fuck it." The brunette mumbled to herself.

"What did you say?"

"Fuck it." Debbie groaned, "I should go."

Lou stood up from the couch, worry plastered on her face as she looked at Debbie. The brunette was standing, a bit bent as if she had a load of baggage on her shoulders. Her face was still red and her eyes, what were once so lively, were drowsy already.

"I gotta go."

Lou held her hand and squeezed it, "You're drunk."

"I'm not."

"Looks like you are."

The brunette sighed before she opted to go back on the sofa and sat on it. The world was spinning literally for her and if she would not sit, she knew she would be puking all over the blonde's marbled floor.

Debbie put a hand on her head, "I'm sorry, Lou. Haven't drank in years. I wasn't as weak as I am now before, you know."

"Yeah." Lou shook her head as she sat beside the brunette, "I cannot believe you're drunk over scotch."

"Fuck off."

"Okay, Deborah. I mean, drunk Deborah."

Debbie rolled her eyes contemplating whether to punch the blonde for calling her Deborah or just let it pass. But her growing headache was enough to ease her soul out. She knew she was drunk, and she knew too that she needed to go home, but she also knew that she couldn't go home all by herself. With a silent curse, Debbie sat straightly on the sofa before she slouched, elbows on knees and hands on her temple.