Chapter Fifty Three

There were kids playing around the school. Some teens on the waiting shed playing on phones and some were feeling like they were having the best day because their lovers were sitting beside them. Lou, however, was stuck in her car. Last night was a mix of all the feelings in the world. She was proud of herself for being not so vulnerable anymore - for finally choosing peace and Blaire. She was tired of her and Debbie's routine. Tired of going back and breaking up over and over again and she, despite it breaking her heart, had already accepted that Debbie was never meant to be hers. She sighed as Debbie flung into her mind. She was sure that Blaire had met her today, because before her kid went to school, Lou already told her that the teacher was Debbie. Despite the urge of keeping it a secret, of taking Blaire away from Debbie and vice versa, Lou knew that she couldn't do it because the brunette was working in the school where her daughter was studying. And sure enough, the light beaming on Blaire's face when she told her that it was Debbie was so bright. Blaire even ate everything that was on her plate because I need to tell mommy Debbie I'm healthy and that I've grown big, mom.

"Mom!!!"

Lou was taken aback when a loud yell coming from the outside was heard followed by the banging of her car's window. And the culprit? Blaire Dania Miller. She had her face pasted onto the window, all cheeky and grinning; her excitement too evident on her aura. Lou silently sighed before she signalled Blaire to get her face off the window because she would roll it down.

"Hi, baby!" Lou greeted, rolling the window down, "Where's your bag?"

The kid jumped before she leaned on her mom's car, "It's in mommy Debbie's room."

"Get it. We are going home now. I'll wait for you here."

Hearing what she said, Blaire backed away as she stomped her foot on the ground, "No, mommy. No." She pouted, "You have to go see mom. Plus I don't wanna go home yet."

Lou sighed, "Blaire...just get your bag. I'll see her the next time."

"But mom! I don't wanna go home yet." Blaire spoke before she gave her mom a pout, "Please?"

Lou would do anything for Blaire and that was why she found herself walking in the hallways, actually getting dragged by her own daughter. She had her mind on so many things as they were walking towards Debbie's room, but the one thing that really bothered Lou so much was the fact that Blaire knew and saw Debbie again. She didn't want any hurt being attached to her daughter - with Debbie, that issue was still blurry. Lou just hoped that Debbie would not do anything to make Blaire hope. The blonde readied her heart as she saw the bulletin board where a huge sign was pasted: College of Law. That was it. She was in Debbie's territory again.

"Mom, race you!"

Lou shook her head as she watched Blaire running in towards a room on the next block. All she ever wanted was to stop and just wait outside, but she knew Blaire wanted her to go in and see Debbie as if she hadn't seen her just last night. She actually didn't care about the brunette anymore - that's what Lou told herself - but why did she pause and think about her current appearance just as she stood outside Debbie's office? Lou fixed her hair, finger-combed it as she rethink about her chosen outfit. Why am I wearing this blue suit? Lou actually wanted to kick herself for wearing something chic and flashy. A suit. A fucking suit. It was like she was going into an event when in fact she was just trying to fetch her daughter from school. She hated the fact she wore a suit and Lou hoped that Debbie wouldn't think that she got dressed because of her. Because the truth was? She didn't. Well, maybe she did.

Lou casually put her hands on her pockets as she entered Debbie's office. Gray and white interior. A minimalist decor on the wall. Couch was elaborately chosen and its earthly color really made the space perfect. There was a huge bookshelf stacked with books on the other side of the room and Lou didn't fail to notice Danny's photo on Debbie's table. And then Debbie was there. In her black office heels, pencil skirt and white blouse. Lou noticed she had her blazer off on her chair and Blaire was on Debbie's chair eating donuts.