Chapter Thirty Five

"Why can't I go with you?" Blaire asked as she set out her right foot, Lou in front of her, kneeling as she put on Blaire's sock.

"Because young lady, you have school." Lou answered as she smiled at the kid, "And mommy has to work."

"But I don't want to go to school. My classmates poop and pee everywhere. They yell and it is too loud. I don't like being in kindergarten, mommy."

Lou made a pause, contemplating whether Blaire was really four years old. She wanted to laugh at Blaire's remark. The kid reminded her so much of Danny, but despite their similarities, they still differed at great lengths. Danny was a brunette, Blaire was a blonde. Danny hated milk, Blaire was in love with it. The blonde sighed as she opened her arms to pick up Blaire from sitting on the bed, to which the child gladly clung to her.

"But you have to be in kindergarten first before you can go to highter grade level, baby."

Blaire gave her a pout, her little hands coming to hold Lou's face, "But I want to be in college."

The blonde bursted in laughter, "Finish kindergarten first and after, we sort your college application, alright?" Blaire gave her a nod, "Now go get your schoolbag. Aunty Tim-Tams is waiting for you already."

Lou put down Blaire and the moment she did, the kid ran out of the room, forgetting the schoolbag Lou commanded her to get. The blonde smiled to herself as she picked up Blaire's bag and when she walked downstairs, Blaire was already out of the house, jumping and hopping around Tammy's car that was parked outside.

"You look like you need a year worth of sleep. You look like a damn zombie." Tammy greeted, the younger woman leaning on her car with Blaire still running around.

"Well, good morning to you too, Tammy." Lou answered as she closed the door  behind her, "She has a swimming class today at 3 PM. All of her supplies are in this bag." She added as she handed Tammy Blaire's bag.

"Come on, rabbity princess. Go inside the car now." Tammy called Blaire, opening up the car as she settled the kid inside before she closed it again to talk to Lou, "And you... how are you?"

"I'm fine."

"You don't look like you are fine."

Lou gave her a look before the blonde sighed, "Well, I am not, but trust me, I will be."

"You know she called me last night." Lou looked up, obviously shocked at what the younger blonde said, "Debbie. She called me last night."

"Why did she call?" Lou tried her best to sound disinterested, but she knew she failed at doing so because Tammy raised a brow at her.

"She asked me how you've been. Asked me about what happened to you in five years."

"And?"

Tammy kicked a stone with her foot, "I told her that she fucked you up badly. Told her how much she have hurt you and the audacity of the bitch,.." The blonde sighed as she laughed, "She told me she misses me and my mommy mood." She tilted her head as she looked at Lou, "What does she looks like now?"

"Still beautiful, Tam." The blonde couldn't help, but to smile, "Still so beautiful."

"Well,.." Tammy gave a sigh, "What's the plan?"

"I have a meeting today. Tomorrow, I will be flying to Thailand and there I will meet her and her husband. It's a business trip."

"You're taking Blaire with you?"