Chapter Sixty Four

"Mommy Debbie! Quit standing like a statue."

If it hadn't because of Blaire's comment, Debbie would have stood there, staring at the blonde, completely flabbergasted. She anticipated that in the morning, Lou would be gone along with Blaire, but the two were there. The brunette could not quite pinpoint what was happening and what was about to happen, but she did hear Lou telling her to go sit down for breakfast.

"Can I get a morning kiss?" Blaire inquired as Debbie sat across her from the table.

Debbie, despite feeling so confused, gave the little kid an endearing smile, "Flying kiss for now." She spoke as she gave Blaire a flying kiss, "...I still have fever."

"Are you a bit fine already or it got even worse?" Blaire asked again as she took a big munch of her pancakes.

"I'm a bit fine now, kiddo."

"That's nice!" Blaire giggled, "Mom really is a good nurse, mommy Debbie. She takes care of me when I am sick too."

Yeah, she took care of me pretty well last night. Debbie was about to reply when a plate of english breakfast landed in front of her, along with Lou pulling a chair to sit beside her. And it was as if Lou knew what was swirling inside her head because when the blonde sat, she looked at Debbie seriously.

"I wanted to go home. That kid won't go home unless she sees you walking and fine." Lou spoke, as if trying to kill the ticking bomb on top of Debbie's head.

"Mommy..." Blaire jested as she put down her fork, "I just want to see if mommy Debbie's fine already! Besides, today is Saturday. No classes." She explained as she jumped off the chair, grabbing her plate before she placed all the utensils on the sink, "Mommy Debbie?"

Debbie turned to look at Blaire, "Yeah?"

"I see you have a big pool. Can I use it?"

"Blaire, you don't have bathing sui---"

Debbie cut off the blonde by gently turning to look at her as she held her hand that was on top of the table, "I kept Danny's." She silently spoke, her eyes still so dead and gloomy and she did not wait for Lou's answer as Debbie turned to look at Blaire back again, "I have something you can wear. Come on."

Some mornings were calm and peaceful, with everything going exactly as they always do. But some? Some mornings were bad, just like how Debbie got up from the table, the plate of food completely untouched, leaving the blonde behind as she ushered Blaire to a room upstairs. Lou on the other hand would just wanted to run. She was not sure if she was ready to see Danny's things again, but more so, in that morning, she was not sure anymore if she could still keep up her guarded heart for Debbie.

-----

"Out here under the bright sun, you're not fine yet." Lou spoke from behind before she sat on one of the poolside loungers, Debbie lying on one beside her, "You did not eat breakfast too." The blonde added as she pulled a string attached to the big umbrella, eventually opening it.

"I thought you'd gone home already." Debbie answered, her eyes focused on Blaire swimming on her pool.

"As I told you earlier, I wanted to go home."

Debbie turned to look at Lou, "Why didn't you?"

Debbie did not know what had gotten to her. Lou already told her earlier that Blaire did not want to go home because she wanted to see Debbie; that was an answer already. But there she was, asking Lou again. Underneath her skin, the brunette wished Lou would give her another answer. She wanted Lou to tell her that she really wanted to stay, that she didn't want to leave.