Chapter Twenty Six

Lou and Debbie were stopped - the intense making out suddenly went off by a screeching scream. When Danny came by the doorway, her hair still disheveled and in her pajamas, the entire room splintered and the peacefulness vanished. Lou and Debbie, who were locked in their own little worlds, with Debbie on top of Lou and the blonde beneath, came to a halt.

"Oh my Jesus letter f Christ!" Danny screamed, shocked and statued on Debbie's doorway as she saw her moms kissing each other, Debbie's back still bare and she knew, that they were naked underneath, "That is not sweet, but gross!"

Debbie and Lou were stunned, and Debbie immediately came to a halt, clutching the blanket to hide her back and collapsing on top of her wife. Lou laughed when she saw Danny's condition. Their daughter covering her face, with two of her fingers giving away some space for her to peek.

"Now I know why you two haven't gotten up yet!" Danny added.

"Baby, chill." Lou jested smugly as Debbie rolled down to her side, still grabbing the blanket to cover their bodies, "Your mom and I were just..." The blonde gave Debbie a side glance before she turned back to Danny who was still on the doorway, "...we were just playing."

Danny's face scrunched, disgust evident as she stared at both of her moms, "You know what, mommies? Whatever. I want you to get up, get dressed or whatever and meet me downstairs because it is Saturday! No school, so I want you two to play with me outside."

"Wait." Debbie spoke, "Did you eat already?"

"Yes, mommy. But didn't take a bath yet, because I will be playing in the pool because it is Saturday!" She playfully answered, twirling like a kid that she was before she stopped to point at her mothers at the bed, "And you two, I will be waiting. I love you, moms though you two are gross!" Danny finished before she ran away, leaving Debbie and Lou exchanging looks on the bed.

"She is so you." Lou commented as she turned to her side, stealing a kiss on the brunette's collarbone, "She screams like you." The blonde laughed a little, "Acts like you too."

The brunette giggled, photographs of a baby Danny suddenly swirling inside her mind before she exhaled, "That little sassy baby is growing so fast." She exclaimed, all of a sudden, nostalgia washing over her, "I don't want her to grow up." She whispered, abruptly aware that the world is big and Danny would be out there soon.

Lou flashed her a sympathetic smile before she opened her arms, scopped Debbie in before dropping a kiss on her forehead, "That's normal, love. That's how humans are."

"I know, but I want her to always be this baby, you know." Debbie gave off a sigh as she sat up straight, "One day she was this tiny bud of flower, this tiny baby that was so fragile and I even was so afraid to hold her and now she is this sassy, bright and fast-growing kid." The brunette exclaimed as she sighed once more, "She is growing too fast and I am afraid that one day, she gets into the world, all on her own, without us." The worried brunette looked up, "Baby, I don't want her to get hurt."

"Baby,.." Lou tried to ease the sudden worries of Debbie as she held and squeezed her hand, "As what you said, she is a bright kid. She will get hurt, but hurting is a learning process. Trust me, that little Ocean knows how to live." The blonde jested as she held Debbie's chin, "I love you. Will you smile for me?"

Despite the hurricanes inside Debbie's heart, she smiled. Maybe, Danny would get hurt, but she would be okay. Debbie hoped.

-----

The sun shone as brightly as it could. Debbie was lounging on a pool chair, watching Lou and their daughter having fun in the water. A nostalgic air seeped right through her system as the moment wrapped her in a film. Danny's lovely and melodic giggles, as well as Lou's contagious laughter. The soothing sound of water splashing. The day, so sunny and bright. The peace unknown to her years ago was now in her, inside of her and with that, she smiled. Years ago, Lou and her were breaking hearts, breaking promises like glasses, but now, she was sitting there, enjoying the domestiscity embedded within them.

"Mommy!"

Debbie was taken aback as Danny called out her name, a gush of pool water being thrown at her face too.

"When will you join us?" Danny inquired as she jumped onto her doughnut inflatable, "The water doesn't want to wait on you."

Lou shook her head, kissing Danny's hand before she swam away. The blonde knew Debbie was still wrapped with the thoughts of Danny growing, and she understood it, because she too, felt the same. Lou swam towards the edge, desperate to calm and ease the brunette.

"Honey..." Lou spoke as she held onto the edge of the pool, "What can I do for you?" She added sympathetically.

The brunette drew a sweet smile before she crouched down on her seat to kiss Lou's head, "Can you stop our baby from growing?" She whispered.

Lou laughed, "No. But we can make another baby."

"Now, that's a good idea." Debbie answered before she sat back up and shouted to Danny, "Danny Miller-Ocean, cling for your life because mommy is coming!"

Danny's giggles were  like the dance in thoughts of a dream. A rhythmic summer beam; velvety and melty like a raspberry sorbet. Lou watched as Debbie dropped her phone by the poolside table before the brunette dropped herself onto the water. The blonde smiled, almost tearing herself from the scene of Debbie chasing their daughter.

"Mommy, stop! Stop, mom! Stop!"

The blonde laughed as she watched Danny squirming on top of her inflatable as her mom tickled her. She then swam towards her family, only stopping as she wrapped her arms around Debbie's waist.

"Don't kill our baby." Lou joked, placing a kiss on Debbie's shoulder.

"Yeah, right!" Danny laughed as she shooed her mom's hands away, "Don't kill me, mommy!"

The brunette rolled her eyes as she stopped. What a good life.

***