Chapter Eighteen

"Deb..." Lou held her hand, trying to stop Debbie from going into Danny's room, "I swear I forgot about it and if I did not, I would have it cancelled. I want to stay today and just be with y --"

Debbie looked at her, "You don't have to explain to me."

The blonde sighed, "You know I have to. I don't want you to think that last night was just --"

"I am not your wife anymore." Debbie frankly answered, and truth to say, she was hurt by her own words, "Not anymore and I am not your girlfriend too. As far as I remember, you are courting Julia, not me. So there is no need for you to explain." Debbie smiled, "So can you now let go of my hand?"

Lou flashed Debbie an agonizing look before she let go of her hand. She knew Debbie was hurt, and just watching Debbie walking into Danny's room and leaving her outside injected a memory of Debbie leaving their home years ago. She thought she loved Julia, but now that her ex-wife was back, she realized that Julia was not someone she wanted. Lou wanted Debbie still and seeing the look of pain on Debbie's face earlier was like watching her whole life shatter and fall to the ground while her heart walked away in the grip of someone she loved. And even if she would kneel on the ground, pick the pieces of her heart and glue it back - what for? Why would she bother mending her heart when the heart of the woman she loved was in pieces too?

The blonde took a deep breath before she entered Danny's room where she found Danny on Debbie's lap placing kisses on the brunette's face.

"Hey, what about me?" Lou plastered a smile as she walked into the room, "Good morning, baby."

"Mommy, why are you all dressed up?" Danny asked as she stood up from Debbie's lap, walked towards Lou and kissed her on her cheek, "It's Saturday. Are you going somewhere?"

Lou bit her lip as she looked at Debbie, "Love, unfortunately, I do. Julia is here and I have to --"

"You and Julia will have a date today?"

Lou gave her a nod.

"That's a crime because mommy and I are here, yet you are taking Julia out?" Danny asked her, her bitchy tone reigning as she crossed her arms against her chest.

"Baby, it's fine." Debbie came to the rescue, knelt beside Danny as she smiled to the kid, "Let mommy Lou have this day with the woman she so dearly loved." She looked at Lou, "Mommy Lou has been very busy so she needs to unwind and she needs to --"

"Unwind? By taking Julia out?" Danny raised her brow at Debbie before she glared back at Lou, "That's fine, mom. Date Julia because I will date mommy Debbie." Danny spoke before she turned to face Debbie, "And you mommy, I want you to get ready because I am taking you out. We will have a date today." She turned back to Lou angrily, "Just the two of us."

-----

"For fuck's sake, Louise, let go of me." Debbie spoke, rolling her eyes as she tried to wriggle her wrists free from Lou's hold.

For the second time, Debbie was about to go to Danny's room to help her change when Lou suddenly grabbed her waist and dragged her towards the blonde's room. And now, it's been two minutes since Lou pinned her against the door.

"Just talk to me before I go out." Lou answered as she placed Debbie's hands back up on the brunette's head.

Debbie sighed exasperatedly, "I am talking to you. What do you want me to ---"

"After what happened in the kitchen, and in Danny's room, you're ignoring me. I just want you to be okay, because swear..." Lou let go of her hands as the blonde sighed, "Swear if I didn't forget about the date, I would have it cancelled. So please," Lou held her hands back and squeezed it, "I want you to be ok --"

"I am okay." Debbie cut her off as she withdrew her hands back, "I am. Now, open the door because I still need to help my daughter change."

With a huge sigh, Lou backed out as she opened the lock on her room's door. Without words, Debbie trudged her way back out, leaving Lou alone in her room. How could things be so complicated? Just last night, they were making love and repatching all the holes that made their story weak, but now, it seemed like they were back to square one. The blonde bit her lip as she let her fingers ran through her hair. She gathered few breathings before she went out of her door and walked towards Danny's room again.

The sound of giggles and the lovely scene of Danny kissing her mom's lips greeted Lou's sight as she entered Danny's room. Danny had already changed and Debbie was combing her hair as the sassy kid sat on her lap. The blonde cleared her throat as she clearly knew that Danny was upset with her.

"Mom,.." Danny whispered as she held Debbie's cheeks, "...please don't let me talk to mommy."

"Baby... don't be like that." Debbie spoke as she pressed a kiss on Danny's forehead, "Say goodbye to mommy now."

Danny rolled her eyes as she turned to look at Lou who was smiling at her. Yet, she remained seated on Debbie's lap. The look of anger on Danny's face was so apparent, and Lou understood why. With a sigh, Lou took her steps towards Danny and Debbie and when she approached them on the foot of the bed, she knelt in front of the two.

"Look baby, I would love to stay here with you and mommy Debbie," Lou started as she held Danny's hand, "...but Julia is here and I forgot about the date. We planned it a  month ago and if only I didn't forget, I would call her and have it cancelled so I could just stay here with the both of you. Please don't be mad."

Danny breathed as she took the look on her mom's face, "It's just unfair, mom." She replied, "It seems unfair because everything is starting to look like you and mommy Debbie are back as wives again and when I woke up today, Julia is here and now you two are going out." The little girl shook her head trying to contain her tears, but she ended up snuggling on Debbie's chest as her tears fell, "I just really want you guys to get back together again and it seems so hard."

Debbie brushed Danny's back as she kissed her head in an instant, trying to hush Danny down, "Love, it's not that simple. Me and mommy Lou are --"

"Divorced couple who only co-parent.", Danny finished as she angrily step off from the brunette's lap, "I get that. I so get it." She added as she stood in front of her mom with tears on her face, "I just couldn't get why your eyes say that you still love each other because swear moms it is so obvious, yet you keep telling me that you just co-parent. Is it really hard to fall in love back again?" Danny wiped her eyes with sleeve of her dress, "God, I hate you two so much." And with that, Danny went out of her own room leaving both of her moms dumbfounded inside.

***

Saudade | Loubbieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें