Chapter Thirty Seven

The private plane took off. The wind whistled and the skies were drenched in pink as Lou stood up and went out. In her arms was the very sleepy Blaire, in her white dress and red ribbon on the head. Tammy told Lou that she could leave Blaire with her again, but Lou was cognizant that it was time to bring her kid into her world. There were men who rushed to help her with her bag and luggage as she stepped down on the private plane and just as her heels touched the ground, it was when a black limo pulled right in front of her.

Her car was red, a Mercedes, and most emphatically not a limo. She knew it wasn't her car, and just as she was about to call one of her paid people, Keanu walked out of the limo, with Debbie close behind. Debbie's husband smiled broadly as he approached Lou and kissed her. She knew that she shouldn't be hating Keanu; he was a good man and he did nothing to Lou, but the blonde couldn't just carry on with him and truthfully, she hated him. The blonde thought that Debbie, like her husband, would go and kiss her as a greeting too, but when Debbie simply nodded, the blonde felt a pang in her heart. Why couldn't Debbie greet her with a kiss? Lou felt the growing tension between her and her ex-wife, but the tension was broken when Keanu smiled at the child Lou was carrying.

"Oh my! Who is this pretty princess?" Keanu cooed, leaning towards the very sleepy Blaire on her arms.

"Blaire." Lou answered as she gave Blaire a kiss on the head, "Sorry, she's actually really sleepy. She's tired from the long hours up on the plane." She explained, noting that Blaire wasn't responding to Keanu's smiles and fatherly touches.

Instead of socializing, Blaire hid even more on Lou's neck, "She's really tired, I bet." Keanu commented as he backed away, finally getting the idea that Blaire was not up for him.

"She needs sleep."

That comforting, sweet voice. The young kid jerked up from her nap when she heard Debbie's voice, her little head turning to face Debbie. Blaire then raised her arms towards Debbie, silently imploring to the brunette to take her up, just as Lou was about to say something about Blaire's energy growing.

"Ocean..." Blaire spoke, her little voice a bit raspy due to her sleepiness, "I want Ocean."

Debbie was stunned, and Keanu couldn't understand how the kid knew her wife's maiden name. Despite this, he smiled. The kid cradled between Lou's arms was such a jewel and her, asking Debbie to pick her up was one for the books. 

"Baby, no..." Lou cut the awkwardness off as she hugged Blaire, "She's not --"

"But I want her!" Blaire pointed as she looked up at her mom, "I want her, mommy."

The blonde smiled shyly as she uttered a silent apology to Keanu and Debbie, "She's just so sleepy."

The brunette smiled in return, "No, it's fine. Give her to me." She jested as she came to Lou, "Hi, my little lady." Debbie added as she picked up Blaire from Lou's arms, "It's okay, Lou. I got her."

And it would be a lie to say she wasn't teary-eyed. Debbie clutching Blaire in her arms, with Blaire curling up and burying her face on Debbie's bosom, was a scene to remember. Debbie laid a kiss on Blaire's head before softly telling Lou that everything will be alright. Lou smiled, despite her heart growling things she wished Debbie and Keanu didn't hear.  Debbie might make the assumption that Blaire's replacing Danny, so the blonde expected Debbie to be distraught. Yet, there it was: Blaire and Debbie trapped into each other's warmth as if they were too perfectly made puzzle pieces. And maybe, just maybe, taking Blaire to Thailand with her was not a bad idea. Maybe her ex-wife, her ex-wife's new husband,  business meetings and pink skies were not that bad at all.