Chapter Ten

The passing millisecond danced in synch with the throbbing of Debbie's heart. She froze on the sofa as she watched the blonde coming down. Even if the whole space was dimmed, Lou's ethereality made her glow. She sparkled amongst the darkness. Everything swirling around stopped in a bluish haze, and Lou was viewed by Debbie in a slow motion like the ones in movies. But they weren't in a movie; it was real and Debbie didn't know how to stop her heart from wanting to get out of its ribcage. She could feel her heart going into its frenzy state, and then back to its fastest pace, and she was so afraid that the blonde might notice it. If only love could scream way past one's lips, Debbie's love for Lou had been screaming already. She gulped when Lou reached down, and the blonde - like a little child - stood in front of her, her hand clutching a pillow and she was looking down at Debbie ready to swallow her pride.

"I'm sorry." Lou spoke, eyes directly meeting Debbie's. "I cannot sleep." She added, subtly biting the insides of her bottom lip.

Debbie didn't quite know what to say. Instead, her mind took her to beautiful memories that she thought she had already forgotten.

It was normal for married couples to fight and like the normal ones, Lou and Debbie had to experience it too. It was 10 in the evening and Debbie was already sleeping in their room, while Lou, on the other hand, took her rest in the guest room. Their night didn't end well. It was a pretty huge argument and so, they ended up separated in different rooms. Debbie was already in dreamland when the door of their room opened, and there revealed the blonde. She tiptoed towards the sleeping brunettte on the bed and when she reached the bed, she stood by the side and pinched Debbie's hand to wake her up.

Debbie winced in pain and when she opened her eyes, Lou was standing beside the bed. She had a pillow on her hand and she was loooking at her apologetically.

"What are you doing here? I don't want to see your face." The brunette hissed before she rolled to the other side of the bed, her back facing Lou.

Lou sighed. She walked to the other side and stood in front of Debbie again.

"I cannot sleep." She spoke, her voice thick and firm.

Debbie glared at her, "You can't sleep? Well then, I can. Goodnight!"

"I am telling you I cannot sleep!" She exclaimed as she stomped her foot.

"What do you want me to do then?"

Lou paused. She hesitated for a few seconds, before she took a deep sigh. With a pout, she shyly looked at Debbie who was still glaring angrily at her.

"Let me sleep in your arms." Lou replied in the most gentle tone she had.

Debbie stared at her for a few moments, obviously contemplating about Lou's suggestion. After which, she silently moved to the other side, made a space for Lou and with an angry face, she opened her arms. Lou's face beamed and she slipped into the bed right away. She then went into Debbie's arms and buried her face into her neck.

"I'm still mad  at you. When I wake up in the morning, I don't want to wake up seeing your face." Debbie jested as she wrapped her arms around the blonde's frame.

Lou moved and kissed her cheek, before she went back to burying her face on Debbie's neck, "I love you. I'm sorry."

Debbie smiled, "I'm sorry too." She mumbled softly and then tapped the space beside her for Lou to sit, "What can I do for you?"