02. The Secret Is Out.

Quinn

I walked out to the pool to see Rachel and Finn had arrived. Rachel perched on one of the sun loungers by the pool. And Finn and Puck talking to each other by the pool side. Puck still taking his time to clean it. It was great finally seeing the two of them talking again. Finally putting everything behind them. I was happy. Those two and Ryan had too years of friendship behind them for them to just let it all go to waste on Puck and I's drunken mistake.

Well our actions.

Beth will never be a mistake to me. Never.

I walked over to Rachel, pulling my sunglasses down over my eyes. She looked up and spotted me walking over to her.

"Hi Quinn" She smiled. "How are you, now that school and this very eventful year is behind us all?" She asked. Always formal is Rachel.

"I'm better." I said. I was very careful with what we were talking about. I didn't know how much she knew. But I certainly wasn't about to dump the news that I'd given my baby to her Mom. So if she didn't know, I certainly wouldn't be the one to break that very sensitive news to the girl. Ryan, Puck and my mother are the only ones that know, since they were there when I signed the adoption papers. No one else needs to know just yet.

"Are you still staying with Ryan for now?" She asked obviously trying to be thoughtful and a listening ear, but that was the last thing I wanted to think about. Let alone talk about. With mom now wanting me home, I had no reason really of staying with the Hastings. I had a home to go to. I had at least one of my parents' love and support again. But I really didn't want to leave. I'd grown accustomed to sneaking down to Ryan's in the middle of the night and cuddling up to him into a peaceful sleep for a change. Then there was Riley, who I considered my own little sister, with the amount of time I'd spent with her. And our movie nights. The times Ryan and I would cook for the family. The trips round to his Grams and Gramps house. I found it so cute that he still called them that.

There was just a lot of things that I'd come to really appreciate... that I'd now leave behind for the cold, and at times lonely atmosphere at the fabray household.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a loud commotion telling us that more people had arrived. Santana, Brittany, Matt and Mike had walked through the gate, followed closely by Brooke, Tina and Artie. Tina was wheeling him in, while Artie was carrying a rather large looking floating chair. With a smile plastered on his face when he saw the water of the pool in front of him. That boy looked excited to say the least.

I actually hadn't had a chance to get in the Hastings pool since being here. We'd either never have the time or the weather wasn't great. Now that summer was here it was the perfect time. But like I'd said to Ryan earlier. Either being pregnant or now with a lot of baby weight, I really didn't feel like putting on a bikini and showing the world everything being pregnant had done to my body.

He may laugh at my constant moaning about not having abs anymore, saying I'm perfect with or without them. But I did... I used to have abs.

I was definitely going to miss his constant teasing of me. I may hate it and sulk about it at the time, where he'd have to grovel and give me hugs and kisses for me to 'forgive' him. But I secretly loved the banter between us. I'd really miss having that twenty four seven.

And most importantly. I'd really miss...

"Let's get this party started!" We all heard being shouted as Ryan literally bolted out the back door of the house and headed straight for the pool. Not waiting for anyone and cannonballing into the pool.

I'd really miss that boy!

We all watched as he made a giant splash covering Puck and Finn who were still stood by the edge of the pool. Puck still holding the net he was using to fish out loose leaves.