58. Funeral.

Ryan

The next glee meeting the next day, we had heard the news that Coach Sylvester's sister had passed away. Finn and Kurt had called a meeting saying that we needed to do something for her and her sister. I agreed. I know we had our differences with Sue but this was a time when she needed as many people as she could get to be there and support her. I don't know what I'd do if I were in that situation. It would be an awful thing to go through.

"We need to help her. She's overwhelmed , and she needs us to help her." Finn said looking to us all.

"Seriously? I'd like to put the fun back into funeral just as much as the next girl. But why would glee club help Coach Sylvester plan a service?" Santana said looking a little taken aback. Fair point.

"We're not doing it for Sue. We're doing it for her sister." Kurt said back to her and the group. Again fair point.

"Jean is just like us guys. She's been an outsider and an underdog all of her life. We of all people should celebrate that." The club all started to warm to the idea. You could see everyone nodding with that Finn had said.

"Can I say something?" Jesse interrupted. 

No, but I have a feeling you will anyway.

"When someone dies, yes, its a tragedy. But its also part of life, and you can't let death put your life on hold. Now I don't mean to be blunt, but I don't think you should be planning a funeral... the same week you should be focusing on the set list for nationals." He finished.

Is he for real?

"Seriously? Y-your serious?" Finn asked.

"Actually, yes I am." He replied. 

Wow, this guy literally has no heart. 

"Do you know what Vocal Adrenaline is doing right now? They're in their third week of 24 hour a day rehearsals. They're on an I.V. drip. Thats how hard they're working. Do you know what happens in Vocal Adrenaline if someone dies during a number? They use them as a prop like 'Weekend at Bernie's"."

"It's not our problem that you're used to ridiculous training" I said getting fed up with this guy. "Finn's right here guys." I said looking at the club. "Most of us have brothers and sisters... and if you don't then I'm sure there are people that you consider to be. Imagine losing that person. Because no matter what beef we have with Sue, thats what she's going through. I think we should do this." I said and then looked back at Finn and Kurt at the front.

"Yeah... No, Thanks for your input Jesse, but we're helping Sue with the service for her sister." Finn said addressing him "Rachel you said I needed to be more of a leader of this club. Well, here goes. I'm making the call. We're doing this." He said and it was final.

**********

The service day came around. The club had rehearsed the song that Kurt and Finn had suggested that we do after they spend the afternoon with Sue at the care home that Jean lived at. It was a beautiful rendition of the song. We were all sat waiting for the service to begin and for Sue to arrive. The room had been decorated with props from Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory. It was Jean's favourite film.

Sue had arrived and and we all waited for her to join us on the seats on the front row. I was sat with Finn on one side of me and Quinn on the other surprisingly. Kurt right next to her. It couldn't have felt more awkward. Finn and Kurt had gotten up to meet Sue and Mr Schue, which left me and Quinn sat awkwardly side by side. The tension and silence between us could have been cut with a knife. It was so tense.

Forever And A Day || Season 2 || Quinn Fabray StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara