23. Just Think About It.

Ryan

"Hello." The sudden voice of Kurt said, as he appeared at my locker beside me with a smile. Way to give a gut the fright of his life. "I realised that since you helped me out with Karofsky the other week that I hadn't really said thank you to you properly... so I just wanted to say thank you for what you did for me. Now many people would step in the way you did." He said with a self conscious smile towards me.

I nodded, back at him but in a way that said he didn't need to thank me. Waving it off with me hand.

"...And I also wondered if you'd do a song at my Dad and Carole's wedding?" He asked hopefully. Holding up crossed fingers between us.

"Wait what?" I asked kind of shocked. When did this happens. He stopped with the hopeful look and smiled at me earnestly.

"My dad asked her to marry him this morning, here" He said with a smile and gestures to the school. "It's where they met, when I introduced them" he said proudly.

"Kurt that's great." I said with a smile. "And you're cool with that, happening?" I asked cautiously.

"I am." He nodded after a little moment to think about it. That same big smile on his face appearing again. "Finn not so much though." he then said a little saddened. "I think he sees it as some sort of threat. Like I don't know my dad is somehow trying to be his dad or something..."

I nodded in understanding.

"That's Finn for you " I said with a sigh "I'm sure he'll come round. He normally takes a while to get used to things and register that they're happening whether he likes it or not."

"Like you and Quinn" he stated matter of fact.

I nodded in response. Turning back to my locker to grab a book that I'd need.

"But anyway..." he said to regain my attention I turned again. "I'd love you to do a song. It can be anything you like, just suitable for a wedding of course."

Again I nodded, to let him know I was listening.
"Ummm" he said unsure of what he was going to say. I gave him a look of encouragement.

"Obviously you and Finn are cousins, so I was thinking... Maybe you could do something with him... I'm sure It would make Carole's day. And I think maybe Finn will be happy to have a role in this wedding. I did kind of take over with the planning... so would you... maybe?" He said all at once, his voice rising in pitch by the end with hopefulness.

"Kurt" I said getting his attention "Dude, slow down. Breath. Yeah, of course I'll do it" I said with a smile. "We're literally going to be family now." I said with a laugh and he laughed back with a breath of relief. "I'll come up with something and see if I can get the manchild to join me." I said with a smirk.

"Really?" He asked in disbelief. I nodded once again at him "Right, thats amazing!" He said clapping and then getting ahead of himself and bringing me in for a hug at at once. Then seemed to suddenly panicked and let go of me. "Right, I'll see you in glee" He said with a smile and walked off.

I stood and thought to myself.

It was going to be hard to pull off. But I was thinking Me, Finn and Puck would be pretty cool. We all needed to pull together at some point, what would be better than at Aunt Carole and Burt's wedding. The three of us back together.

I just wasn't sure how. Finn and Puck were barely talking after all what happened with Quinn last year.

I sighed to myself trying to plan this right.

**********

"Why's he here?" Finn asked pointing at Puck from his seat on the drum set. Not sure why he chose to sit there. Maybe it's a comfort thing. I don't know.