43. Frannie's Return.

Quinn
We came down stairs to find my mom, Frannie and Frannie's now husband Andrew all sat around the lounge on different couches. They all looked over at me and Ryan as we walked in looking about as awkward as we felt. And I instantly panicked. For years I have been trying to live up to Frannie's reputation. Yet here I was the girl that had gotten pregnant, kicked out and was now not a cheerleader and in glee club of all things. I couldn't be less like Frannie if I tried. I looked over at Ryan, who gulped at the sight before him. He was nervous. I knew that when he awkwardly ran a hand through his hair.

Right here we go...

"Ryan!" Mom said smiling over to him, He looked over and returned the smile warmly "I didn't know you were here. Did you come early to check on Quinnie here after last night? I hope you both had fun." she said, so Frannie hadn't said anything. I looked over at my sister, who looked way to amused by all of this.

"Yeah, I bet they had fun." Frannie said under her breath. I rolled my eyes. Sisters sometimes. Ryan smiled politely and replied to my mom, ignoring Frannie's quip.

"Yeah something like that" He said looking at me for help. He then smiled charmingly over at my sister and her husband.

Thats when my sister finally caught on.

'Wait. Ryan?" she asked more herself than to any one else. She eyed Ryan for a moment as he stood over near me and then she got it. "Ryan Hastings" She stated. Then a smile broke out on her face. "Ryan Hastings. Well look at you!" She said getting up excitedly and giving him the once over.

I watched on warily as she neared. She always knew I had a crush on Ryan growing up. But I don't think she knew we're together. Or.. well were together at least. I don't know what we are right now. Which makes this even more weird.

"Frannie Fabray" Ryan said back with his signature smile her way.

"Ryan Hastings all grown up" She said shaking her head in amusement as she continued looking him over.

"You want to say his name anymore times the Frannie" I said to break the awkward and same old, 'you've grown so much' speech that all teenagers have to go through when they come out the other side of puberty.

"I'm sorry, I'm just appreciating that the little kid that was always here is now..." She gestured to him.

"You do know your husband is over there right?" I asked and she laughed.

"Oh Quinnie" She said placing a hand on my shoulder. My mom laughing too in the background, looking over at said Husband as she did so. I think this was honestly the first time they'd been here since we heard Frannie had eloped and gotten married to him. Frannie avoided the Fabray household all she could when she finally moved away for college. Getting married at twenty one was a drastic way to stay out of the family home, but I give her credit she was doing it and she was happy. I think.

As was dad when he'd heard what Andrew did as a profession, and approved straight away after meeting the guy just once. This family was so messed up.

Andrew chuckled in the corner on the single chair he was sat in and resumed his gaze on the phone currently in his hand. Frannie turned back to us.

"Important meeting at work that he's missing out on today." She said to explain why her husband was more interested in his phone that his wife checking out a younger guy. I rolled my eyes.

Now I may know why Dad approved. The man seemed to prioritise work over family it seemed.

"Its good to see you again Fran" Ryan smiled at her.

"You to" She said back. "I didn't even recognise you until Mom said your name." She said still amused.

I just stared daggers at her. Ryan must have noticed, picking up on my tension.