48. Songwriting 101.

Ryan.

So far it had been a good day. A drama free day. We like those. I'd gotten through last week relatively unscathed. It was a good week to be honest. You've probably been filled in on it by Quinn by now. So all I'll add is ... things are good. Things are great even.

I walked out to the halls before the next lesson to find Rachel stood by my locker. I walked towards her with a look of confusion on my face. Taking a breath, knowing that my drama free days have come to an end it seems. She noticed me as she scanned the students darting around the halls, rushing to their next lessons.

"Oh, hey Ryan" She smiled that megawatt smile at me.

"What do you want?" I asked with a sigh, expectantly as I went about swapping my books.

"What on earth makes you think I want something from you?" She asked with mock offence.

"When have we ever spoken like this, and you didn't want something?" I asked and she tried to think "So I'll try again. What do you want?" I said with a smile.

"Okay fine" She said giving in after staring at me for a few seconds "But I think we could both benefit from this" She said and that intrigued me.

"Benefit how exactly?" I asked skeptically as I closed my locker. Turning to raise an eyebrow at her. She giggled.

Literally giggled. All while looking over her shoulder quickly. I followed her line of sight to see that Quinn was stood just down the hall. I looked back at Rachel in amusement. What was this girl up to...

"Oh Ryan, you're so funny" She said a little over enthusiastic. But I didn't press it. She put her hand on my arm and laughed. I smirked to myself, because this was pretty entertaining. What the hell was she doing? She looked over her shoulder quickly and then leant up to me on her tip toes to whisper in my ear. I bent down a little so she could reach properly. She let her hand rest on my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I asked quietly as she readied to whisper something to me.

"I'm testing a theory, Just go with it" She said and I understood that she meant what ever the hell she was doing. I said nothing "Just come round to mine tonight, and I'll tell you what this is all about" She said before bouncing off down the hall as if nothing happened. As if she hadn't just lost her mind.

I was left stood there in confusion.

I looked up to find Quinn looking at me from across the hall, I looked back at her and she shrugged looking at me expectantly with a glare, a silent "you want to tell me what that was about?". I shook my head in disbelief and fished out my phone motioning to her that I was texting her. She waited for moment before I saw her receive the text.

Ryan: Don't look at me like that.

She looked up from her phone and raised and eyebrow at me in defiance before typing out something back. A moment later my phone buzzed.

Quinn: And how am I looking at you?

I read it and then looked at her incredulously. I rolled my eyes.

Ryan: Like you have a touch of the green eyed monster.

She read it and looked back at me sulking.

Ryan: Which can return to laying dormant. Quinn, you have nothing
to worry about.

I sent and she softened. Smiling.

Quinn: I trust you.

I smiled at her text. We were finally making progress and it felt good. My phone buzzed again.