59. New York.

RYAN

So Nationals weekend was here. I was like a kid in a candy store for the week leading up to it.

Ryan Hastings was coming home!

We were all at the school parking lot super early. But this was so worth it.

"Right You guys ready to do this!" Mr Schue said as we gathered around the school bus. The club shouted tiredly but I couldn't wait. Its been too long since I'd seen the beauty of New York City.

I got onto the Bus last after sending off a text to Dani. I'd told her that I was gonna be back and the we should meet up. She said she had a family thing her mom wasn't letting her out of. Which sucked. But I know her parents give her a hard a time as is, so probably a good idea to do as she's told. But, Finally back in the same city again and she said she couldn't make it. We were both annoyed to say the least. 

Most people were sleeping already since it was way to early for them. Me on the other hand walked on with music blasting through my ear phones and phone in my hand, used to early morning football practices. This was it. Yeah, an eight hour road trip on a stuffy bus was ahead of us but, It would all be worth it when we get to the city. I could endure that. Suddenly a pinging sound came through my earphones and a text appeared on my phone screen. I looked down at it in my hand and smiled at the name lit up on my screen and what the text said.

Quinn: You gonna stop daydreaming and come keep me company?

I looked up and around the bus until I found her stood and looking over at me expectantly, head down shyly, that damn eyebrow raised and leaning on the chair she intended on sitting in. I smirked and made my way over to where she was, accepting the silent invitation. 

"You summoned me, your highness." I smirked and she looked back at me as if she was offended. She wasn't. The slight upturn of her lips told me that.

"I wonder what has you all happy?Huh?... Is it something to do with the fact that Ryan Hastings is FINALLY going home" She said mocking me with an awful impression, laughing at herself as she took a seat. Yeah she thinks she's so hilarious.

"I'll ignore the awful impression of me that you just did. But yeah I'm excited. Nothing wrong with that" I said taking a seat next to her. She took the window seat and I looked past her out of the window at the school we were just about to leave behind for the next few days.

"I'm only teasing you" She said "I know this means a lot to you" She said resting her hand on my knee. We were talking again. We hadn't quite addressed the elephant in the room. But it felt nice to have her back in some way at least. Only it felt like it was now slightly awkward, dont know how to act around each other, best friend status.  

Both a blessing and a curse. She was at least talking to me. But I missed my girl. Going from heavy make out sessions and spending all the time in the world with each other to this. Was an adjustment. But no fault but my own. There was no longer kissing. Or even hugging come to think of it. She hadn't brought up what happened. Hadn't said a word. I'd royally fucked this up. And I desperately needed to find a way to get this back. 

To get us back.

Quinn grabbed my phone breaking me out of my depressing reverie and stole an earphone for herself, before scrolling through to find a song on my iTunes. After a moment of silent scrolling, She chose to put on 'Iris'. I smiled at her choice. It was deliberate. Of course it was. Everything Quinn does is for a reason. Calculated.  I smiled at the memory this song holds. Then again when she made herself comfortable resting her head against my chest. We both looked out the window at the clouds in the sky and scenery of Ohio, that was until I heard the sound of the camera through my one earphone. I turned and she's snapped a photo of the two of us, a small smile on her face.