15. You're A Lucky Guy.

Ryan

So last week was pretty shitty. Finn was still blanking me. But I was over it. If the man child can't get over that Quinn's moved on then that's his problem. Not ours. Even Quinn was done with it. Not wanting anything to do with the guy right now.

I was more focussed on football and glee club, mostly. Football try outs, on the first day we met Coach Bieste were a flop. Half the team ended up puking so coach said she'd be doing a final last ditch tryout the following week, for the weaklings that couldn't hack the first one. So most of us were still none the wiser about who had made the team this year.

However that brought another thing that fuelled Finn's current hatred for me. Since his was still off the team indefinitely for asking if Artie could join the team like a 'medieval battering ram'. Coach was not pleased to say the least.

Add that to the fact that Sam and I had actually hit it off. It was kind of the mutual understanding of the trouble of being the new kid that had bonded us since our jam session last week. We also were into a lot of the same things. So Finn hated me more when Sam basically spent most of his time with me. Not liking that 'his buddy' was now my 'buddy'.

I wasn't holding it against Sam for not turning up to the audition that week. I got it. We weren't exactly the picture of popularity at this school. I'm sure in the week he'd been here, he's probably seen his fair share of slushies being thrown exclusively at the members of the glee club. No wonder he didn't jump at the opportunity to join.

I walked into the locker rooms and spotted said boy at his locker.

"Hey Dude" I said opening my locker as he looked up in acknowledgement.

"Hey" he said and it sounded off.

"You sound how I feel" I laughed. "Tough day?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes in a 'tell me about it' way.

"Dude, Finn literally won't get off my back about not auditioning." He said conspiratorially, I laughed. "No matter what I say. I turn and he's right there" He said. "I feel like I'm being stalked."

"And no matter how many times I say 'I can't do it' its like he doesn't hear me."

"Or just chooses not to hear you." I said "Finn's always had a selective hearing kind of thing." I said.

"How long have you known each other?" He asked.

"All my life." I said and he looked shocked, so I elaborated. "He's my cousin." I clarified and he nodded in understanding.

"Wait but... why does he look like he wants to punch you all the time?" He asked. I paused, really not feeling like explaining this.

"Its complicated" I went with. He nodded realising I didn't want to elaborate.

"Sup losers" I heard the voice of Puck say as he joined us.

"And I've known this asshole nearly as long." I said gesturing to Puck. Puck looked confused.

"You ain't getting rid of me anytime soon, Hastings" Puck said and I laughed "Evans" Puck nodded in greeting to Sam.

"Still not joining then?" I asked Sam and he shook his head.

"Finn still bothering you?" Puck asked Sam and the boy pulled a face at that telling Puck all he needed to know.

"Its just with Finn off the team, I actually might have a shot at Quarterback. I always wanted that at my old school. Now is my chance. If I add Glee to the mix, my chances at the school are..."

"Zero." Me and Puck said at the same time.

"We're not gonna bug the hell out of you like Finn, Its completely your choice at the end of the day. I was faced with the same problem when they wanted me to join. And as much as a slushy facial sucks ass. I've never felt more at home than with the guys in Glee, and I get to do something I love. Performing. It's literally made me realise I want to do this for a living some day."