08. Our Stars Are Aligned.

Ryan

"You know when Brit said all that stuff this morning about horoscopes and star signs. I thought it would be a load of garbage. But..." Quinn told me from the desk in her room. Everyone had gone home for the evening and Quinn and I had decided to come up here instead of the basement tonight. I was currently playing around with my guitar on her bed as she looked up this Horoscope crap.

"Please tell me you're not actually believing this stuff?" I said as I strummed a chord.

"That..." She said as she turned in her chair to look at me. "Is exactly what I thought before I started reading this." She said nodding toward the screen. "Honestly Ry, this is scary how accurate some of this is."

"Yeah exactly... SOME." I said continuing with playing my guitar. I've never believed all this horoscope stuff. I mean it's just a bunch of generic things made up about people that could literally apply to anyone if you want it to. Its like psychics and stuff. I just don't get it...

"Okay... well, listen to this and tell me this isn't you and me." She stated before reading an extract from the article she'd pulled up. "A Cancer Man is a very..."

"Hold up what is that voice?" I asked with a laugh when she started putting on this posher version of her voice. She turned to glare at me. "Sorry, that is not you're voice. You sound like an answer machine" I said still laughing.

"Ry" She said looking impatiently at me.

"I can't take this seriously if you're gonna use that voice." I said to her seriously. "I'm already doubtful as it is" I said to really annoy her. What I'm a little shit sometimes, okay.

"Just listen" She said and turned back to the screen.

"No voice" I said before she could start.

"Ry" She said again more impatiently this time.

"Okay ... sorry" I said and quietly plucked at the stings on my guitar to not annoy her further.

"A cancer man is a very compatible partner for a Taurus woman in almost every way..." She said almost proudly. I rolled my eyes. but was amused at how interested she sounded in all this. It was pretty cute how into this she was getting. Even if I may not believe it. "... He can easily resist the stubborn nature of his Taurus Lady and usually keeps her calm enough to just enjoy the tenderness of their relationship and avoid all possible arguments." She finished and turned to me expectantly. Raising an eyebrow.

"Very generic" I said with a smirk. She huffed. Turning back to the screen.

"Okay... then there's this... The Taurus and Cancer love match brings two lifelong soulmates together. It's common for the Taurean and Cancer connection to happen early in life." She said and then turned to give me a pointed look again. I smiled at her still sceptical.

"And where do they get this stuff from?" I asked her.

"I don't know, I guess like Brit said... its in our stars. Our stars are aligned." She said in a Brittany impression. I smiled at her again.

"If you say so, beautiful." I smirked back at her. She went back to the screen and I carried on with my guitar riffs I'd subconsciously been playing.

"It even says we're compatible in friendship" She stated without turning this time. "The two star signs are well suited to be friends with each other. The most remarkable things about a relationship between a Taurus and a Cancer are its strength, stability and reliability. We're dependable and care for each other and we cooperate with each other very well" She said and turned to me again. Looking proud.

"You're secretly loving this aren't you?" I asked, but it came out more of a statement than anything. I knew she was loving this.

"I will not confirm nor deny" She said not turning away from the screen. I shook my head at her antics. I loved that girl.