33. The Game.

Ryan

I hadn't spoken to Quinn since that whole speech i gave her in the hallway. No idea where that all came from, but I feel like it's well overdue. Her being in the Cheerios at the start of this school year, didn't really bother me. Until I started seeing traits of the old Quinn coming back to play. And I didn't even fully meet her. I just know that that Quinn was miserable, and I don't want her falling back into old patterns because its a her old second nature.

Power does something to people. It makes the worst of you come out.

And all this jealousy and arguing just shows that.

She's putting way too much into her school career here, more so than our relationship right now. And she's prioritising the squad over people that actually care about her.

So forgive me if that angers me slightly.

This week was looking up though. We got the team together. We managed to get the other titans to see it our way for once. But all that came crashing down when we heard that Quinn, Santana and Brittany were picking the cheerios over Glee Club.

And everyone can kid themselves into thinking this is only for the game. But, I'm not stupid.

Quinn still thinks that popularity and reputation are more important. Even after everything she's been through.

I left straight after the performance of 'She's Not There'. I knew she was watching, I could feel it. And when the lights went out on stage, I caught sight of a familiar looking blonde hovering at the back.

I just needed to say what I needed to say and get out of there. So I left the guys behind. And left Quinn in the hall with hopefully something to think about.

It also meant that I missed the wrath of the hockey team, when they thought they now ruled the school. And thought it was their rightful chance to dish out some slushies to the football team. Glad I missed a slushy to the face, but then the rest of the titans, (that we'd just managed to convince that this was a good idea) Quit the half time show.

The quit the team.

And quit the championship game.

I was wrong... now this week couldn't get any worse.

"Why can't we just let them back on the team, just for this game?" Sam asked as we all gathered in the choir room looking as defeated as ever.

"No." Coach Beiste replied off the bat. "We carry this thing through. Even if it means having to forfeit the game." She finished.

"I can't believe this is it" Finn was next, looking like he was in complete shock. I rolled my eyes. What did he expect. Joining the team was even more social suicide right now that it ever was.

I also may still want to throttle the guy after that stunt he pulled with Quinn yesterday.

Every guy in that room looked defeated. And as the choir room fell silent, you could literally feel the disappointment enveloping the room.

"Maybe it isn't" Rachel voiced and we all looked to her slightly confused. Before in true Rachel style she stood at the front of the room before us.

"We want to join the team" She all but demanded rather than asked.

"Sorry what?" I asked.

Finn looked down in complete horror, bringing his hand up to his forehead to calm the tension head ache that was surely building up in his small minded little brain at the thought of girls joining the team.