Chapter 5: Lessons

Paarthurnax looked around. Ladybug had told him to meet up with her on the Arc de Triomphe, in the middle of the night of course, as it was the only place that she could think of that was large enough for a dragon to stand on.

His icy blue eyes caught a shape of red, rising above the skyline, then disappearing again. Over and over, until it landed on the Arc with him.

"Drem yol lok, Ladybug. What is it you called me here for? I doubt you simply came for tinvaak with an old dovah."

She took a deep breath. "Paarthurnax, I need to tell you something."

"Speak. I will listen."

"After a girl named Chloe Bourgeois got Akumatized into Miracle Queen, I was made Guardian of the Miracle Box - which I'll explain later - and ever since then, I've been pretty scared. Last night, Alya woke me up and reminded me that you taught humans the Voice. So... could you teach me, please?"

Paarthurnax looked at her for a moment, then let out a soft chuckle. His already soothing-in-a-grandfatherly-way voice somehow became even more calming.

"In all my years, Ladybug, I have never met a child as worthy of wielding the Thu'um as you. You have saved Paris time and time and time again and have proved to have cleverness that would make a dovah envious. I will do everything in my power to ensure that you will have the Voice of the great heroes of old."

Ladybug grinned at the encouraging tone in Paarthurnax's voice. "So, where do we begin?"