Chapter 21: Revelation

Ladybug was reeling. Lila had been willing to work with a terrorist over being embarrassed in front of her crush? She would admit, she was a little harsh and her calling out her lies was partly out of jealousy, but this went from zero to a hundred way too fast.

She jumped when she heard two thumps behind her. It was just Cat Noir and Strunsahtiid.

"Ladybug?" The white dragon's voice was surprisingly soft.

"Strunshatiid?"

"Cat Noir said that he needed to tell you something."

Strunsahtiid gently nudged the black leather-clad hero forward with his snout and he came to awkwardly sit down next to her.

"Remember Oni-Chan?"

"The second time Kagami got Akumatized? Yeah."

"Well, remember when Lila said that she had a sprained ankle?"

"Mm-hm."

"Well, she was lying. Turns out, it was a ploy to get me and you separated so that Oni-chan could kill you. I know, I should've told you sooner."

Her face somehow got even paler than before. Cat Noir then his his face in his hands.

Ladybug put a hand on his shoulder. "I-I'm not made at you, it's just... I can't believe it."

"I must admit, I am not innocent either," Strunsahtiid said mournfully.

"What do you mean?"

"During my time watching Paris through the Elder Scroll, I realized the full extent of that girl's evil. I wanted to tell you, but knowing your nature, I knew that even you would have trouble believing it. But I confess that I did not think that her reason for working with Shadow Moth would be as pathetic as," his voice immediately changed to being extremely high-pitched and whiny, "'Ladybug embarrassed me in front of my crush! She deserves to die for it, even though she's the only reason Paris is still inhabitable after every Akuma attack'."

Ladybug and Cat Noir let out a few muffled giggles at the dragon's imitation of Lila's voice. Okay, more than a few. More like a lot.

Right at that moment, a high-pitched beep beep beep beep beep filled the air.

"Oh, I have to go now. Bye!"

Both superheroes leaped away. Strunsahtiid's gaze lingered on Cat Noir under he couldn't see him anymore.

I will have some... questions for you tomorrow, Mr. Agreste.