Chapter 56: A Deal

Gabriel couldn't answer that. There was no way he could trade his son for his wife. Both were too precious to him. And Emilie would be furious.

He lowered his head. "I... I..."

"Hm. So there is one thing you would not give up to bring her back. And that, according the Elder scroll and every single future where you win and get the Miraculous, is the price for your Wish. You are at an impasse of your own creation, Agreste. But there is a way out, if you are willing to make a deal."

"There is nothing you could do. Only the Wish can bring her back."

"Untrue. You say she is still somewhat alive, correct. Her body is intact, right?"

"Yes. What is your point?"

"You see, one of the many, many Shouts I have knowledge of and can use is a Shout that can undo death. And unlike the Wish, there is no price to pay for using it."

Gabriel's head shot up. "Then tell me your deal. If it will bring my wife back and keep Adrien alive, I don't care what the conditions are."

"You will give everything Miraculous-related in your house to Ladybug and will tell us who Mayura was, although considering that you are Shadow Moth, I would be unsurprised if she was Nathalie. You must also promise to never neglect or abuse your son again, if Child protective Services doesn't get him first, and lighten up some of the restrictions on him. Basically, turn over all Miraculous-related matter in your possession over to Ladybug, and don't be a sh*tty parent anymore, if you even get to be one. And on the minuscule chance you do get to keep Adrien, Paarthurnax will stop by every week to make sure that you aren't abusing him again. Understood?"

"Yes, yes, yes, understood."

"Very well then. Lead me to where you are holding your wife."

-------------------------------------

Odahviing turned to Strunshatiid. "Are you sure that Agreste won't just sabotage us?"

Strunshatiid had directed Gabriel to lead Ladybug and Cat Noir to were Emilie's body was being kept on life support and gone into Dovjunaar, followed by Odahviing and Paarthurnax, to wait for the two heroes to summon him so that he wouldn't be inconvenienced by trying to physically get into the Agreste mansion. Durnehviir had returned to the Soul Cairn in order to recover his strength.

"He will not. He is too desperate to get his wife back that he will go to any length - short of sacrificing his own son, of course - to do so. And now that he is deprived of both the Butterfly and Peacock Miraculous, he will not be a threat."

In Strunsahtiid's mind suddenly echoed Ladybug and Cat Noir's voice, both Shouting his name.

"I must go now. Nahl Dal Vus!"

The great dragon found himself standing before a very small coffin with a transparent glass lid. Inside was a woman with pale skin and golden hair like Adrien's. On her face was a relaxed smile, as if she were just peacefully sleeping, not on death's threshold. He gave Cat Noir a sympathetic glance, before focusing on the task at hand and readying his power.

"Slen! Tiid! Vo!"

A blue blast of magic, similar to that produced by Unrelenting Force, struck the coffin. Nothing happened at first.

Then Emilie's eyes opened.

Gabriel rushed to opened the coffin and grabbed his wife in a tight hug, sobbing into her shoulder. Cat Noir stared at them for a second, then ran off.