Chapter 33: Imprisoned

"Leave my daughter alone!" Alim yelled at Miraak, pounding on the bars of his cage.

Miraak was wearing a mask that completely covered his face, but Alim could still feel his pointed stare. "I am not chasing or sending anything after her. She is coming to me."

"Not if I have something to say about it!"

"You have no power at all. You are not Dragonborn, or a mage, or even a warrior. You cannot fight me."

"You're... not... hurting... my... sister!" Jalil tried to struggle out of his chains.

"Ah, so you finally decided to say a sentence that doesn't sound like something straight out of the mouth of Sheogorath," Miraak deadpanned.

"Still, I am not letting you hurt my daughter!" Alim tried to punch Miraak through the bars of his cage.

Miraak whirled around and grabbed his fist, proceeding to twist his arm at a painful angle.

"Do not try me, Alim. I could kill both you and your son in an instant. Then where would your precious daughter be?"

Alim fell silent, but still glared at Miraak over the rims of his glasses. But Jalil clearly hadn't taken the hint.

"Well, if you're gonna try to kill my sister, then you have to go through me first!"

Miraak titled his head and observed the boy. "Do you really wish for that, then?"

Jalil scowled, but didn't reply.

Alim turned away with a sigh and sat down. All they could do now was wait and pray that Alix, with her power as a Dragonborn, could save them.