Back to the Past (2/3 of 3 special updates back-to-back) (TOLD YOU MORE FEELS)

(((((Bolded words in the story are vocabulary words from class. Sorry, Squirrels! And if Mrs. Billinski (my English teacher) is reading this, sorry it's so long (and gorey at times)!!! Oh, and Squirrels, this takes place right after Steven Majick evaporated Slender!)))))

(Slender)
I slowly opened my eyes, looking around the place I was at. By the looks of it, I was right in front of the mansion. But turning around, I saw a small shack instead. Wait, I opened my eyes? Reaching my hands up in front of my face, I saw human skin. Not the pale white skin I normally had. Shaking a little bit, I touched my face, feeling facial features. Nose, eyes, mouth, everything. Shaking even more, I reached up to the top of my head, feeling curly hair. I balled my hands into fists, tugging at the hair. It was my hair. I was human. But, how? I felt like a buffoon, the way I kept playing with my hair in a childish manner.

"Richard dear," called a feminine voice, one that I haven't heard for centuries, "could you please get the children inside? It's getting quite dark out." I gasped a bit, covering my mouth and feeling my eyes water up. It was the voice of my wife, Julianna, whom I had such a penchant for from the day I first laid eyes on her. Staring into the shack's open window, I saw Julianna dancing around in the kitchen, her 17th century dress flowing down to the ground. I smiled, my mouth stil covered. If this was me being dead, then I loved it. It's been forever since I've seen my wife and kids. Julianna looked back at me, her amber eyes gleaming with joy. "Richard," she laughed, shaking her head, "stop staring at me like that. You're acting like you haven't seen me in years! Now could you please go get the kids while I cook dinner? Please be an extrovert for once and put someone else and put someone else before yourself!"

I smile at her and nod, saying, "Of course dear, I'll be right back." I turn around and face the woods again, a smile on my face. It's been a while since I've heard my human voice and not the voice of that monster. Walking into the treeline, I began to call the names of my children. "Jessica," I called, "James, are you two nearby?" I heard quiet giggling, and I looked up to see my young daughter Jessica in the tree above me, her sandy brown hair and brown eyes bringing back so many memories of when I was still human. "Jessica," I laughed, "get down from there. You're going to hurt yourself!" She smiled down at me and nodded, beginning to climb down from the tree. Something suddenly didn't feel right, though. Like a dark force was pushing at me from all sides, crushing me.

"DADDY!," I heard James yell from behind me. I looked in his direction, seeing him running this way with a look of panic on his face. "Daddy, help! It's chasing me!," he screamed, wrapping his arms around me tightly as he ran into me. I picked him up and held him against me, hearing Jessica jump to the ground out of the tree. I peered into the darkening woods where James came running from, trying to see anything in there. I continued to stare, slowly seeing a pair of ruby red eyes glowing in the dark. My eyes widened, and I sat James down. Gently pushing him in the direction of home, I whispered, "Run, both of you." James walked slowly towards home, Jessica right behind him.

The red eyes were unmoving, until the second I took a step. The thing charged at me, and I yelled at my children, "RUN! RUN, NOW!" They both let out small screams, running as fast as their little legs could carry them. I didn't know what the thing was that was chasing us, I didn't even remember this ever happening. I remembered everything else that happened, but as soon as I told Jessica to get out of the tree, I forgot it all. None of it was in my memory. I ran after my children, more worried about them living instead of my own life. "Run," I shouted again, nudging them ahead as I stayed at a pace to run behind them.

Just in case the thing got close, I'd rather me get killed by it first.

As we neared the shack we called home, the beast leapt on me, it's sharp claws tearing into me. I gritted my teeth and yelled, telling my kids to keep running. Jessica listened to me, rushing into the shack. But James stayed behind, looking angry. "NO ONE HURTS MY DADDY," he yelled, lunging at the thing on top of me with a manner of asperity in his actions. The thing looked up at James, easily using one hand to swat him away like a pesky bug. I watched in horror as James's small body flew through the air, slamming into a tree and falling limp to the ground. And at that moment, everything began to pay in slow motion, the only thing I heard was my own heartbeat in my ears. My son, dead. All because of this beast.