Lies, Lies, Lies

Slender sat in his office, organizing his papers as Jinx burst into the room. "Jinx," Slender nodded, greeting her with an acknowledging nod. Jinx stomped over to his desk, slamming her palms against the surface with enough force to crack the oak wood. "YOU LIED TO ME," she screamed, tears in her eyes.

"Pardon?" Slender said casually, looking up at her.

Jinx growled, lifting her palms from the desk to reveal blood marks on the wood from the impact as she shouted, "YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE DYING! YOU TOLD ME YOU NEEDED MORE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE IN YOU! YOU FUCKING LIED!!!"

Slender shrugged, turning away and leaning back in his chair as he chuckled, "Well that was true, little Jinx."

"WAS?!?"

"How often did you see us killing people in a few of the months before I asked your help? How many of the mental, electronic, or hallucination Pastas did you see out and about?" Slender laughed sadisticly, his sharp-toothed smile revealing row after row of sharp, blood-stained teeth. Fresh blood. "We needed the believers to kill more, Jinx. And you are giving us the believers we need."

Confused beyond belief, Jinx whispered, "What are you saying?"

"That yes, I did tell those girls to stab their classmate. I had Laughing Jack threaten that girl to kill her mother, or else," Slender chuckled. "Can't you remember? I'm evil, Jinx. I'm the bad guy. You're not supposed to trust me, remember?"

"Even if you kill me," Jinx said softly, voice threatening to crack, "this is only a dream." She shifted around, a cold sweat running down her forehead. "I'll just wake up and tell my Squirrels!"

Slender laughed, spinning to face Jinx as he snarled, "You don't want to go back to the nut house, do you?"

Jinx jumped back in shock, surprised.

Slender stood up, stepping towards Jinx with long strides. Jinx whimpered and made a run for the door, but Slender's tentacles were faster. They bolted ahead of Jinx, a few of them wrapping around her as the others slammed the door closed. "L-let me go," Jinx stammered, terrified.

Tightening his grip, Slender asked, "Or what? Your squirrels will come after me?" Jinx fell silent, bowing her head in a stinging shame. "Face it, 'Jinx'," Slender hissed, "your Squirrels only see your stories as just that. Only stories! If you told them anything, would they really believe you?"

Jinx stayed silent, knowing it was best for her. "If anything, those doctors you call 'monsters' will sweep you back up into that padded cell. Get real, Jinx. The only way you've stayed out of there for so long is because of me. If you never would have helped me, you'd still be in that padded cell where you belong. You mean nothing more then the person giving the next paycheck to those doctors and you know it.

Jinx frantically shook her head, crying out, "Stop it, Slender! Just shut up!"

"It's all your readers think of you as too. Nothing more than the person giving them their next update so they can live their lives a bit longer than before," he growled, grinning from ear to ear. He let go of Jinx, watching victoriously as she fell to her knees and covered her ears.

"Stop it," she whispered, her voice growing louder with each syllable, "Stop it, stop it, STOP it, STOP IT, STOP IT! YOU DON'T KNOW ME, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!"

Amused, Slender lifted Jinx to her feet and whispered in her ear, "Child, I know everything about you. I know about your step dad, about your longing to be a mother when you were born a sterile freak, about how you were born dead, about you HUSBAND. The son of Death, right? Did you never put two and two together?"

Jinx curled up tight as she could, tears streaming from her eyes as each word Slender whispered cut deep into her soul. "The only reason you're alive is because Death's son found you attractive. You were a baby, Jinx. He fell in love with a stillborn." Slender knew he had done the damage he meant to do for when Jinx woke up, but he wasn't about to jump. It wasn't every day she broke down like this.

"Th-they're taking down the creepypasta w-websites," Jinx stammered, sniffing a time or two, "Y-You'll all die!"

"That's what we have you for," Slender hissed at Jinx. He raised her in the air, snarling, "You WILL give us more believers. You will keep on writing, WILL continue building our fans, or I'll put you back in that padded cell! And this time, you won't get another chance!" He raised Jinx until her head hit the ceiling, thrusting his hand down and slamming her into the floor. She disappeared into the air, letting him know she had woken up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinx shot up in bed, beads of sweat drenching her pajama shirt. There was no way she would get out of it. Not even a minute awake, and already she saw them. Not head on, though. They were always in the corner of her vision, or at the edge of the mirror's reflections. Not close enough for her to see which one, but close enough for her to know that they were watching. They would watch her every move.

Why her? Out of all the fans Slender could have gone to, why did he chose her? She didn't want to build their fans anymore. At least she had a couple friends, though. The few non-Pastas, mainly Masky and Hoodie, kept her from breaking any more than she already was. They hid in the corner of her vision as well, stalked the edge of every reflection. The Pastas would still be there, but Masky and Hoodie would chase as many as they could away.

Jinx felt helpless, though. She knew Masky and Hoodie were under Slender's control. He was just playing mind games on her, she knew it.