From Good to Bad

(((((TRIGGER WARNING.....)))))
[Tim]

The second I walked into that classroom, I recognized (y/n). She was the same as I remembered her from kindergarten. Quiet, cute, and lonely. I sat down in the seat in front of her, starting (or trying to start) a conversation with her. And when I caught sight of the bandages on her wrist, I panicked. My (y/n) couldn't cut! She was too amazing to die that way!

And when she realized I was her only friend from back in kindergarten, Timothy, and then she hugged me, I was speechless. But I hugged back anyways. It was subconscious. I didn't even realize I had hugged back until the teacher shouted about 'No PDA allowed'. Whatever PDA was.

(Y/n) and I pulled away from each other. I realized her puffy eyes and wet cheeks and realized that she had been crying. But from the happy look on her face, they were tears of joy. She was really happy to see me again, apparently.

And then she started to cry tears of sadness. Reaching forward, I tugged gently on her (h/c) hair. She smiled and stopped crying, saying, "You used to do that all the time when we were kids. It always calmed me down back then and apparently it still does now." I smiled back and nodded, saying to her, "I remembered that, and that's why I did that."

"Where are all the other students?" she asked suddenly, taking me off guard. Confused, I looked around the classroom to see that me and her were the only ones in the classroom. And the bell had rung about thirty minutes ago. Weird.

[You]

It was good to have Tim back. The rest of the day, I felt happy for once. No depression, no urge to cut, nothing negative. Just the thought that my one and only friend was back in my life. Until I got home.

It was like Kara and Mike (my adopted parents) could sense my good mood. The second I stepped through the door, I was greeted with a punch in the stomach from Mike. I screamed in pain, falling to the floor. And just like that, all my happy thoughts from today left me. Replaced by the depressing and angry thoughts of cutting.

When I was still laying on the floor, Kara came over and gave me a good kick in my back before the two of them returned to the dining room table to finish diner. Of course, I wasn't going to get any. They never did anything for me. I had to get my own food, clothes, personal needs, anything.

Coughing up a bit of blood, I struggled to stand up. Once I accomplished that, I slowly crawled up the stairs and into my bedroom. I thought to myself, What would Tim do if he found out about this? I've never told anyone about the abuse because everyone at school usually called me 'freak' or 'loser' and laughed at anything I said.

Thirty minutes later, I regained enough strength to walk over to the bathroom. With a shaky hand, I pulled off the bandage and picked up the razor from this morning. I usually never cut twice in one day, but today would be an exception. I pressed the razor hart against my wrist and cut not one but multiple times, each one ending up deeper than the last. The entire sink was covered in blood, but I didn't stop cutting until it felt as if I were going to pass out.

Dizzy from blood loss, I wrapped the bandage back around my wrist and stumbled back to my room. I barely made it to the side of my bed before I fell onto it, unconscious.