- Chapter 54 -

Narrator's P.O.V

Jungkook hoped that by showing Yn his diary that she may remember some things that they did together either as best friends or as a couple.
He sighed nervously as he sat down on the bed next to her with his diary in hand.

Although he felt awkward just sitting next to Yn, so he did the only thing that with make him feel comfortable;

Sitting Yn down on his lap, Jungkook started to open his diary and flip through the pages, until he stopped on one page that caught his eye,

It was titled "My Ynie", he blushed at this page's title but then quickly looks at Yn and asks;

"C-Can I read this page to you?"

Yn nodded as she snuggled closer to Jungkook which made him giggle as he began reading;

"Dear Diary,

This is the story of how I met my best friend, Ynie.

A few weeks ago, I met a new girl in History class.. Her name is Lee Yn. And at first, I thought she was nice because when the teacher told her to sit next to me, she didn't look disgusted or uncomfortable to be sitting next to someone like me. And she even helped me by giving me 1 more pencil because I always carry 7 pencil with me in my pencil case and I always organize them in a line before class starts.. and I was surprised that she helped me. But I was even more surprised when she started a conversation with me first. A lot of my past "seat buddies" would either never talk to me or ask for a new "seat buddy" within a few days, but not Yn.
Yn is nice. Yn is pretty. Yn is talkative. Yn just seems... different. Yn doesn't mind that I stutter or when I repeat her words, she doesn't mind when I don't look her in the eyes, she doesn't mind that I tap my feet when we take tests, she doesn't mind that I tap my pencil on my desk, she doesn't mind... that I'm Autistic.

And that's what I liked about her.

She treated me like a normal person.

But the next day, she made me feel uncomfortable. Instead of talking to me like she did yesterday.. she just STARED at me through the whole class period. At first, I didn't know what to do about the situation so I told my Hyungs about her acting weird... and they told me that she probably wants to be friends with me. But I didn't want a new friend. It's always been me and my 6 Hyungs.

My Hyungs are my friends.

But they told me to give her a chance if she tells me that she wants to be my friend and I thought about it and I thought about it all night and when I went to school the next morning... I did something that I regret.
When I walked inside the History classroom and sat down at my desk, Yn came in, sat down next to me and secretly snuck glances at me and.. that's when I got fed up. I asked her why she was looking at me and that's when she tells me that she wanted to be friends but I yelled at her and said that I didn't want any new friends and after I said that..