- Chapter 58 -

- In the boy's backyard -

8:47 pm
Narrator's P.O.V
Watching the stars, the boys all sat down on a big blanket and listened to Namjoon explaining the constellations and where they are and how many there were.

Meanwhile, Seokjin got worried about Jungkook as he was just in his tent and noticing this, Yoongi gently cocked his head to one side, signaling for Seokjin to go and check up on Jungkook and Seokjin smiled as he got up and went over to his baby brother's tent.

Meanwhile as Jungkook watched his brothers from inside his tent, he had thought long and hard about the conversation he and Yn had, it was like a broken record repeating inside of his mind.

And he soon realized that what Yn said was true. He couldn't force her to remember him and these past few weeks since she was in and out of the hospital, that's all he's ever tried to do. Everytime Jungkook would visit her, he would show her his diary or show her pictures of them and even though Yn would smile and sometimes giggle, he would see her face and realize that she's just going along with whatever to make him happy.

Sighing, Jungkook laid down in his sleeping bag and tried to go to sleep..

That was until Seokjin entered his tent;

"Hey what's another name for a sleeping bag-"

"A nap sack."

Jungkook responded quickly as he turned is back to face his eldest Hyung, he heard Seokjin muttering something about telling a different joke but then said loudly;

"Why aren't you outside with us buddy?"

Jungkook just shrugged and closed his eyes.. but not even a second later, he hears Seokjin closing his tent up and sitting down next to him.

"Bunny.. I want to tell you a story but you have to listen, okay? No interrupting or falling asleep."

Seokjin said softly and Jungkook nodded as he slowly began to sit up in his sleeping bag and face his Hyung.

"Okay.. you ready koo?"

He asked and Jungkook nodded and this made Seokjin start the story;

"A long long time age, in a beautiful and peaceful forest, there lived 2 white doves up in the trees. One dove lived in one tree and the other lived in the tree across from his but every night the two would sneak out and be with in each others embrace at night. As
the two were madly in love, they had promised each other that when they were a bit older that they would live together in the same nest and afterwards, they would have their own little family together. But... that never happened because just as the doves were starting to get old enough, news spread by the other animals and insects that there was a hunter inside the forest."

Seokjin paused and hesitantly looked at Jungkook not knowing if he should continue or not, but Jungkook gave him a firm nod and Seokjin slowly continued;

"Trying to escape like everyone else, the two were flying to meet up in the same tree that they would always meet at... so they could fly away together  but... only the male dove got there. He waited and waited for his mate to fly up to him all day and night and when it finally reached the next morning, he had gotten news of her death and how the hunter had killed her. Now heartbroken, the dove made his way to where the other animals had said her body was found, and once he got there and saw her laying there lifeless, the male dove cried. He held his mate's body close to his and cried all day and might, trying to understand why a monster like the hunter would take away his beloved. After her funeral, the male dove vowed to never love another dove as long he lived and he spent some time alone in the forest. Before finally deciding to move and he flew into the air, he flew and flew, not caring where he was going. He just wanted an escape from all the hurt he was feeling, something that could bring him peace... and he soon found that peace and that made him live a long and healthy live. The end."

Jungkook blinded a few times and as Seokjin was getting up, he asked;

"W-Wait.. so.. that's.. tthe eend?"

Seokjin nodded as he opened Jungkook tent back up and was about to leave;

"Yeah, that's the end of the story buddy, goodni-"

"W-Wait! W-What.. aboutt the.. mmale d-dove? W-What is hiss.. happy endingg?"

Jungkook quickly asked, really wanting to know if the story ended with a true happy ending or not.

Seokjin sighed and then smiled as he said softly;

"The male dove flew and flew for many days and feeling lonely, he flew down to a small river where all the other doves drank and there.. he met 6 white doves. The male dove tried to approach them just to be friendly but the  5 doves were very overprotective over the 6th dove. He was a lot smaller than the rest and he couldn't fly right because one of his wings was smaller than the other and all the other birds in the forest would mock him for not being able to fly. Offering to help, the male dove promised that he would teach the baby bird how to fly and although the 5 other doves were hesitant, they agreed. And so, the 6 doves spent many months together, teaching the little one how to fly and when he finally did it, they all felt so proud of him. The male couldn't have been happier and after staying together for many months, all 7 birds decided to become their own flock and they all flew around the world and lived happily ever after because the male dove had finally found a sense of peace in his life. The end."

Seokjin said outloud and then he chuckled as he quickly realized that Jungkook had fallen asleep.

Tucking him into his sleeping bag, Seokjin gently kissed his forehead and was about to leave the tent when he turned back around and whispered;

"Goodnight... little dove."