121

Placing your bets on your silver pin, you pull it from your clothes and present your open palm before them.

"Here," you proclaim as you stab the pin into your finger, "take my blood as an offering. If I was not committed to you and the vampires, would I so willingly offer my blood to you?"

As a battle rages around you, Ell leans in and observes the tiny bead of blood that has pooled upon the tip of your finger. "I'm not sure I could really consider this an offering. Honestly, I don't know if this or not offering me any blood is more insulting."

"Wait, I can..." But Ell waves off your attempts at drawing lines across your skin, which ends up itching more than bleeding.

"Don't bother," they say with a roll of their eyes. "I have better ways to get what I need. I think it's time I heal up and head back into battle."

Your heart beats hard and fast against your chest and you try to gather your strength to either plead, fight, or run. However, it is hard to concentrate as Ell's once calm and amiable demeanor shifts into something dark and hard.

"Please, I'm telling the..."

Ell pounces in the blink of an eye and your words are torn from your throat. They dig their claws into your shoulders and latch their mouth against the side of your neck. Their teeth stab into your skin and fire spreads from the puncture wounds, engulfing your entire body in a matter of seconds. Your temperature rises and your face becomes coated in sweat even in the cool, crisp autumn air. Pain reaches down your spine and your limbs seize and twitch with frantic convulsions. They pull the blood out in long, torturous gulps, savoring every sip in order to heal their wounds.

They're reaching the end, though, and your vision is starting to fade. The pain seeps into the back of your mind, until it is nothing but a slow, agonizing trickle. Death is awaiting you.

However, Death has also brought you one last gift before you say goodbye to your dream of life. You get to see Ell's face twist with fear as they realize that Gianette is bounding straight at them, her jaws wide and her teeth sharp. Ell and you die in the same instant, but at least you do so with a smile on your face.

***

You've found one of the unsuccessful endings for this branch of the story... Why not go back and see if there's some other way to convince Ell?