130

Without hesitation, you pull the silver pin from your clothes before stabbing the needle as hard as you can into his arm.

Unfortunately, he doesn't even flinch.

Silver could have caused a rather irritating wound for the vampire, but the pin simply isn't long enough to penetrate all of his layers of luxurious clothing.

You look all around for another shot, but Ell has you pinned against the ground, his vampiric strength impossible to fight. He rears up, flashing his fangs which seem to have elongated since you first saw them gleaming in the warm candlelight of the ballroom. Now they are sharp and menacing, threatening to tear out your jugular. Your only hope is that he takes pity on you and makes you into a drone.

When his fangs pierce your skin and the blood seeps into your throat, you have no such expectation of mercy. However, the flash of pain beaming from the two puncture wounds is cut short when Ell pulls away with a disgusted look on his face.

For a moment, you gurgle and splutter as blood bubbles on your lips. You wonder if he's debating whether he should turn you into a servant of the night or instead gain some enjoyment by watching you choke on your own blood. However, given the way his nose scrunches and his lips curl, you doubt he is getting any amusement from witnessing how you flail on the ground. That being said, you aren't completely sure why he's so disgusted. Perhaps he's considering how ugly you must look as you race towards death. It may be a simple thought to have as you stare into the abyss, but you rather your thoughts be lighthearted before your end.

"You've been poisoned," he finally says with a repulsed hiss. "Damn wolf's venom."

That's when you realize your sister's bite may have been accidental, but it also means you can turn into a wolf so long as you are alive by the time the venom can transform you. Your lips twitch with a meager smile as you desperately search for signs that your life as a lycan is drawing near.

"We won't be having that," mutters Ell before he reaches out and snaps your neck.

It's a quick death. At least he did show you some mercy in the end.

***

You've found one of the unsuccessful endings for this branch of the story... Why not go back and see what happens when you are able to fend off Ell?