111

You don't have time to weigh out the options, you need to stop Ell before he attacks your sister. You race forward, lunging just as Ell springs. However, in her wolfen form, Gianette seems far more aware than you expected. As you dig your shoulder into the vamp, sending him skidding across the dirt road, Gianette swings her massive head around in order to snatch Ell in his would-be attack. Instead, though, she sinks her teeth in you, catching your arm as you stand in Ell's place.

Thankfully, her senses are quick and she stops herself from snapping your limb in two. However, the wound is deep and pain climbs up your arm, adding to the throbbing trauma in the shoulder that has just collided with Ell. Gianette releases you and you crumble to the ground. She looks down, sniffing the wound before baring her teeth and turning back around in order to snatch a vamp mid air as he moves in to attack. Now contending with this new adversary, Gianette is pulled away and you are left wounded and bleeding on the ground, surrounded by desperate, bloodthirsty vampires.

You see a few glancing over at you from the corner of their eyes as they beat back their opposing wolf, but it is Ell that moves in for the kill since he's unhampered by any furry assailant. Even from your position on the ground, you can see the fiery bloodlust in his eyes. The once soft, warm face that ushered you through a dance has been replaced by something that looks almost as feral as the wolves do. There's no hope of talking your way out of this one.

Fortunately, Gianette bit you on the side of your off hand. Your prominent arm is sore from colliding with Ell, but is perfectly useable. You can still do something to protect yourself, though you only have a moment to act. You just need to fend him off until... Well, you don't know what to do afterwards. All you do know is that you need to act here and now because all that matters is the next second. You certainly don't need to worry about something five minutes from now if your next breath is going to be your last.

What will you use to defend yourself? The silver pin you bought that morning, the statue you stole from the lounge, or the sticky pepper shaker from the tavern? Move quick, you don't have much time.

- Silver Pin: ch 130

- Couple Statue: ch 131

- Pepper Shaker: ch 132