142

You need to get Ell's attention, but you also need to keep things subtle, the moment Ailisa picks up on what you're doing she'll know to warn the duke.

"Ell," you say, placing your hand upon their shoulder while watching Gianette from the corner of your eye. The herd is still filling in the massive circle of vamps and it appears she may be waiting until they're done before she proceeds with her plan.

"It's okay if you need to step away, I know this can be difficult for humans to watch." They turn so you are cheek to cheek, their words a light breath upon your ear.

"Ell, that's my sister and she shouldn't be here." You don't want to give way she's a wolf and you still hope you can just slip her out quietly. However, Ell starts to pull away, just enough to reveal disappointment on their flawless face.

"This is our life Micah, your sister is of the herd, she'll have a good eternity as a drone..." Ell continues on, but you look to Ailisa and you see the doubt darkening her brow. Your friend tugs at the duke's sleeve and you turn to find Gianette's smile widening.

"If you are asking me to spare your sister from the life you supposedly wish to be a part of, then perhaps I've made a..."

"She's with the werewolves!" you shout, your eyes pleading with Ell to understand. Thankfully it only takes a moment for them to realize their mistake. They turn in time to see Gianette stepping back, her body arching and rippling as she transforms into a long, lithe werewolf.

Ell puts their arm in front of you, but you hope that the pleading in your eyes will be enough to tell your sister to run. In this form she could outrace them and handle a few blows on the way out. Instead she takes a moment to howl at the ceiling. Wolves howl in return and everyone turns to find the street clogged with hulking furry bodies. Many vamps take to the doors to challenge their enemies, however Gianette does not pursue them, instead she forgets whatever blood is shared between you and lunges straight for you, knocking Ell aside in the process.

You've got to think fast, you only have time to pull something off your person to serve as your defense. You have the silver pin you bought that morning, the statue from the lounge, and the crystal parfait cup still clenched in your hand. What will it be?

- Silver Pin: ch 151

- Embracing Statue: ch 152

- Crystal Cup: ch 153

*** Please note this story is in progress and options may or may not be available at this time. ***