166

Tearing the silver pin from your clothes, you hold it out before you like a small, thin dagger. A handful of the humans surrounding you smirk with amusement while Ailisa simply frowns with disappointment.

Then the first person launches towards you.

You strike out with the pin and stab it into the side. They hiss with displeasure as they recoil from the pain. Another lunges forward and you swing to meet them, but you don't get it at the right angle to stab the pin in. Instead, the attacker punches you across the jaw and you lose your balance. After that, others find the courage to rush in.

There's simply too many of them and soon both you and your sister are swarmed. They pick the both of you up before heading towards the door that leads out onto the street. There the werewolves and vamps fight a bitter battle with no apparent winner.

However, upon seeing the parade of humans filing out of the hall, a couple vamps approach the horde. Ailisa informs them of your betrayal and the vamps don't hesitate in ordering their drones to tie the two of you up with a silver chain.

As you sit against the wall of the great ballroom, leaning against your sister who now cries in pain because she's been jolted awake by the burning touch of silver against her skin, you watch the vampires swoop in one by one to snack on the humans that are willing and ready to serve.

The blood revitalizes the vamps and, just for good measure, they turn all of the crowd so that new, fledgling vamps can quickly rise up where so many had fallen. With the vampire numbers now bolstered and their health replenished, the wolves are mopped up before they can even realize their need for retreat.

Gianette had to watch the slaughter of her new pack. When the duke walks up, with the now vampiric Ailisa by his side, your sister was devoid of any will power or hope. Duke Gagnier proclaims his intent to keep Gianette as a pet, a werewolf trapped on a silver chain so that other packs will know to fear him.

As for you, he turns you into a drone. It could have been seen as a merciful act, except as a drone your consciousness remains while your will submits completely to your new master. You spend eternity sitting in the back of your own head where you watch Gianette live through unending humiliation without any ability to stop it.

***

You've found one of the unsuccessful endings for this branch of the story... Why not go back and find a proper weapon to use against the humans?