31

You pull the handkerchief out of your pocket and you...you do what? You just look at it, wondering how a delicate piece of fabric is going to stop the swarm of drones descending upon you. You can't slow them with this, they're practically invincible. They're humans brought to the edge of death, kept alive with sheer dedication and loyalty to a vamp.

You wave the handkerchief in front of you, hoping it might distract them, but it does little to deter them. They have a mission and they are going to see it through, which means you have only a few precious seconds to enjoy life.

You try not to reflect on how things could have gone differently or what your life could have been if you hadn't taken this path. Instead you try to find hope in those that will survive you. You try to smile at the thought that maybe you did save Kinley, that Ferris will find her, and that somehow, together, they'll keep the town free from vamp control.

It's a pleasant thought that your actions may lead to such happiness. It's far better than contemplating just how the drones are going to kill you. Fortunately, you aren't given the time to mull that over. They may be a mindless lot, but they are efficient. Time need not be wasted on torturing you. Death comes quick and your role in the great rebellion is over.

***

You've found one of the unsuccessful endings for this branch of the story... Why not go back and see if you can pick the best item to take care of the drones!