9. Two Years Plan

Dan Meixian who is currently copying books for her tomorrow's instruction stops and suddenly exited the sacred book.

She rose from her bed and silently follow the quiet movement inside the resident. When she saw the petite stature from the dark she said in a not loud but not quiet voice.

"Leaving?"

The man in dark turn her head and saw Meixing's image.

"M—miss. Th-this—" he nervously said but only to be more startled under Meixiang's gaze.

"You have the most practical reason among the others in following me. Wanting to end your slave contract?" she asked but not asking.

"M-miss—"

Startled, he stutter more.

"A pity I asked a while ago that if you step inside the resident it means you will be my follower in your entire life."

Ping Chun was startled and look at Meixiang nervously. With no choice, Ping Chun kneels and said, "Young miss, this slave can't afford to be young miss' follower. This—this slave is disfigured and thinks doesn't deserve to be miss' follower."

"Miss—" he hesitantly look at the young lady but only to see Meixiang's unwavering face. After some thinking he reluctantly remove his mask showing a her face full of deep wounds that is almost unrecognizable.

His eyes are close to hide his pain as he raised his face to let Meixiang see his disfigured face. This is the first time someone openly look at his disfigured face aside from his brother.

"A pity. Such a beauty was ruined." he was startled with Meixiang's remark. "Stay. I can cure your wounds and get your face back to normal."

Ping Chun was startled once again but soon recovered. He bows her head more and plead, "Young miss. Please this slave didn't deserve such. This monster—"

"Then be honest."

Ping Chun look at her in shock, "This...young miss—"

"You only wanted to break your slave contract and in the middle of our journey, the spy from Su Manor suddenly lose contact to us. Step the resident by accident and witness my aptitude test. Even after seeing my result you still wanted to leave. Even after I said I can get your face back to normal you still wanted to leave. You even brought only one or two piece of clothes blatantly saying you really wouldn't stay. Now, tell me. What is your real reason."

"Y-young miss—" with no choice he cried. "M-my brother is alone at home. H—he's heavily sick."

"If I said I can heal your brother, would you stay?"

"Miss?"

"Don't let me repeat what I just have said. I hate dumb people. Do you know why I have this patience towards you?"

Ping Chen just look at her.

"The moment you step inside this resident, I already took you as my person. Now I'm giving this last chance to you. Stay tonight and tomorrow early morning we'll bring your brother here and look what I can do." Meixiang turn her back and said once more. "Leaving tonight is dangerous especially to a weak girl like you."

Ping Chun was startled and look at Meixiang's leaving back in daze.

Meixiang went back inside her room lying to her bed before entering the sacred book continue on copying number of books. This scene continued until the sun rises.

After writing the last book, Meixiang gave a yawn. She stretch her body and found a relaxing position. Going back inside her room she get up and get out of her room.