16. Identity

The next day, all the men aside from Ping Lei was brought by Mother Tian to the market to buy their supplies for the next whole month inside the White Forest.

The pair of Ping siblings on the other hand was given a task by Mother Tian to take their Xiang-er to stroll around and spoil her.

"Xiangxiang, what do you want to do? Shall we go to the stalls over there? Ow yeah jewelry shops are over there beside those are selling hanfu and girl's accessories."

"Brother Lei! Brother Chun! Little Xiaaaang!" The three look at Tian Ling running towards them. Breathing heavily but with a triumphant smile. "Hehehe. I told mother that Little Xiang's day wouldn't be complete without this big brother so she let me off."

That didn't happen. Leaving a note saying he will follow his little sister, he leaves without asking if her mother approves it.

The four of them with unending persuasion of Tian Ling and Ping Chunhua, they went to a shop for young ladies and let Meixiang take a look.

"Little Xiang, this color looks good to you. Take a look."

"No. Xiang xiang's face is fair. Dark colors will only make her paler. Considering Xiang xiang's age and temperament, this hanfu is best for her. This will make her look innocent but also elegant. Oh this accessories will also good to pair it with it."

Tian Ling take a look at Ping Chunhua's side and nodded three times giving his Brother Hua a thumbs up. "Brother Hua, why are you too good at these. Yes yes let's pick this for Little Xiang even she said no."

Ping Chunhua cough at Tian Ling's casual words. She just turn her head to look at Meixiang and ask "Little Xiang, what do you think?"

"Aren't you going to get it even I said no."

Ping Chunhua laughs at this remarks of Meixiang and take a look at Tian Ling who is already talking to the shop's employee pointing at the dress she selected.

"I want that dress!"

Everyone turn their head to a young lady in peach hanfu pointing at the dress on Ping Chunhua's side.

An employee of the shop walks toward the young lady and politely say, "The young miss have a discerning eyes. The dress the young miss picked is the center piece of our shop this month. There is only three of this and if young miss will buy this today she will have the first piece."

"I'll pay for all the three and will only take one." the young lady wearing peach hanfu stated arrogantly.

The employee talking with Tian Ling look back at him bow her head then walks toward the young lady in peach hanfu. "Young miss, I am sorry to tell you the dress was already reserved and even selected it earlier than the miss."

"No! That is why this p---I said I will buy the three because I don't want others wearing the same as mine."

Tian Ling and Ping Chunhua who heard this can't help but frown. Ping Chunhua was about to talk but stopped under Meixiang's gaze, Tian Ling on the other hand didn't.

"Oho." Tian Ling's loud and arrogant voice rang. "This dress, I'm willing to give way if you look better wearing it but a pity compare with my little sister, you are too ugly."

All faces inside the shop crack. Ugly? Isn't this young man blind?

Meixang laughs at this Brother Ling's declaration.

"Hmm. Brother Ling need not worry. I really don't love the dress particularly. You can just choose another pair for me."

Looking at Meixiang's face, they somehow understood the young man's statement. The little girl that is only about 9 or 10 is indeed too beautiful compared to the young lady in peach dress.

"Everything is good at me because I'm beautiful anyways."

All the on lookers can't help but twitch their faces. Yes being a beauty is good but telling it blatantly without being shy is too shameles right?

"Yes. Yes. Our Little Xiang is the prettiest! Your handsome Brother Ling will look for another dress."

Ping Chunhua look at the spectators' weird faces. For the past six months she was already numb with Tian Ling and her young miss' this kind of casual conversation.

The young lady in peach dress was fume with anger. "I will buy all the dresses inside this shop!"

The slave on her side bows like she just received an order, she walks toward the employee of the shop that is responsible of taking the bills.

Meixiang just laughs at this scene. "Let's go to the other shops."

"But Little Xiang---"

"Don't worry. If I really want something I will definitely get it." she turns her head to the young lady in peach dress and smiled "The young lady is lucky today this Dan Meixiang didn't fancy any of these."

Everyone gulps with this little girl's words. Even after witnessing that the young lady in peach is not from ordinary background, the young lady named Dan Meixiang not only oppose her but even stated her name. Unless this isn't her real name, it is either this Dan Meixiang have a powerful backer or just an idiot. But the latter didn't seem so as this little girl seems smart. Also this kind of temperament is indeed look like from a big family.

The young lady in peach was about to refute but was stopped by one of her confidant.

Being impulsive isn't a good thing. Offend no one without knowing his background, this is her father's one rule to her. Especially now that she just escape from the palace and currently under incognito. With no choice, the young lady in peach just frown to Meixiang's leaving back.

When the four of them return, the others are already at home preparing for tomorrow's journey inside the White Forest.

Tian Ling, who escape to stroll with Meixiang and the others, use what happened in the shop to divert her mother's fury. True to what he expected, Mother Tian curse the faceless young lady in peach forgetting her good son's deed.

That night, Meixiang stayed inside the sacred book soak in hot spring full of spirituality while eating strawberries in leisure manner.

"Mei Mei, I'm thinking lately to plant variety of plants here but those that can only planted here are seeds of plant phantom creatures. I'm just thinking if you can help me with this matter."

The little girl with eyes closed leaning comfortably towards the wall of the spring she's soaking suddenly open her big doe eyes.

"I forgot. I have to go back. They must be worried of me."

Meixiang even with her undefeatable mental strength, can't help but twitch the side of her mouth.

Is this realization--- too late?

(A/N) strawberry=caomei-->MeiMei