45. Again Again

Only the light steps of the little girl can be heard at the whole arena as she leisurely walks towards the behemoth body of the venerable beast.

Little Little who recovered earlier is wise enough and hops towards the big head of the Guiformes Lin Kian laid on the ground, stood near the clean slice on the forehead of warlock as he carefully remove the beast core from its flesh. After harvesting the beast core, he wisely clean it and offer it to Meixiang respectfully.

Meixiang just smirk with this wise sly fox. Eight months had passed from scared little fur to smart little beast finding his way to curry a favor from her in every opportunity he have. She took the beast core from his small paws and carefully caress it with her small fingers. After appreciating the beauty of the high grade beast core, she then threw it inside the sacred book.

Still calm and collected, she raised her head where the five powerhouses are seated, she bows her head even not seeing their faces from her view, she  said words clearly and slowly,

"This young lady thanks the elders for this welcoming gift."

Her subordinates followed suit.

Waking everyone from their reverie, they then realize the aftermath of this result.

THEY LOST THEIR BETS!!!

They are only comforted when they think of the loss of the mercenary powerhouse compared to their mere thousands of taels they lost.

They just lost a venerable warlock and twenty million taels looking everyone survived, they can only imagine the unending zeros of that amount.

Is this why the little tycoon is a tycoon? That she invest to the family she bought to win these kind of battles and earn a lot?

Those with simple minds are now focusing on the taels lost with this battle putting aside how a venerable beast suddenly was defeated in just a second out of everyone's view.

Those who are smart enough to look deeper to things are now looking at Meixiang's group with more complications.

First, the warlock is purely killed by a sharp object and cleanly seperated its beast core from its flesh. Among the eight who are battling with the warlock, only one is with a sword but that eight holed weapon can't be the reason of this clean and precise cut not to mention the martial artist is only a seventh stage peak level.

Second, they didn't feel a fluctuation of qi before the warlock was cut killed.

Third, the group is trying to conceal something. The two dark magicians spread a dark smoke to be able to hide how they will defeat the warlock...or WHO will defeat the warlock.

They then look at the little girl intently but instantly withdrew their ideas. They are not desperate enough to consider crazy conjecture.

That is not the case of the four people where the powerhouses are located.

Cao Ding and his confidant, the burly man he is with inside the White Forest eight months ago, can only purse their lips. The memory of the five years old little girl who seems harmless but killed a ninth stage cultivator with only one swoop once again rose. They can still feel the chill penetrating even to their bones.

The Great Summoner Cao who have a hunch of Meixiang's hidden identity just confirm his conclusion.

The other person who is in deep thoughts and looking at Meixiang intently suspecting that she is the person behind the death of the venerable warlock is the headmaster of the Refining Guild. Nine months ago when their powerhouse send a small group to see the White Forest and gather the information of the news leak regarding the black mione metal that was found by an unknown party. The group went back unharmed but was not on their good condition. They encounter a powerful entity and gave him the detailed information of what happened that night.