54. Mercenary Tournament

Chapter 4: Gone Too Far

One month later, Evo Matte, the young master of the Mattes, celebrated his birthday. Just like the past years, the celebration isn't simple  attended by important figures but in the middle of this grandiose event, the celebrant's focus was not to these notable personalities.

The young man unconsciously look at a certain seat from time to time. Grandma Matte seeing this scene, she restrained herself from teasing her grandson.

The event comes to an end, Evo didn't see the figure of the little girl. Grandma Matte who is also expecting the presence of Yuri rather felt disappointed, she felt unsettled. A month ago, Yuri obviously wanted to attend the celebration. The old lady asked someone to call the Coopers but only answered by their butler saying the family had an emergency. When she tried to explain to her grandson, Evo who is not in his mood indifferently said that he really didn't care and didn't even notice Yuri didn't attend at all.

Two days after Evo's grand celebration, Yuri wearing a simple pink dress was dropped by a noticeable entourage. The convoy was eye-catching enough and when Yuri exited with two old men from one of the lift, almost everyone around the school ground look at their direction.

The two old men whom catches the attention and the salute of the parents around are not bothered with the spectators' gaze as their focus was only to their granddaughter. They compromise their granddaughter for the tenth time today to be accompanied even by the butler but Yuri is with unwavering answer. When they saw their Little granddaughter plead silently with her eyes full of helplessness for the last time, the two old men's weak heart gave up adding they are being scolded by their wives to get in the car, they let their granddaughter go.

Yuri, with the news around about her parents and the breaking of the engagement of the young master of the Mattes as she was not invited to Evo's celebration two days ago, is the focus of everyone's gaze. This is her first appearance to the public after the news about her parent's affairs broke, unexpectedly to the students whom are used to her arrogant demeanor and belittling gaze, the Yuri they are seeing now is with shoulder dropped head down and with careful steps walking alone around the campus.

When the bell rang, Yuri didn't go first to where his real target was but roam around the campus first. The classes are going on so the hallways are almost empty. Yuri stopped when she heard a play of a piano, she followed the sound and was brought to where the original Yuri's favorite place in the campus, the piano room.

When Yuri saw who is playing the piano, she then remember this character of the story.

Gino West, he was crippled at aged eleven and killed himself at age fifteen. The incident was related to the two male protagonists and so with his suicide, the two male lead's friendship didn't go well afterwards.

Before the incident happened, Evo Matte, the male protagonist, Heiro Klin, the second male protagonist, and Gino West, was with a brotherhood relationship. This friendship was tainted after the incident of Gino West resulted he was crippled and even gone worst when he killed himself.

Yuri looked at the young man in wheelchair as he is immersed on his own music not noticing her presence from afar. Yuri took a seat to the floor while listening to the piano piece, the little girl curl into a ball propped her head with her arms currently hugging her knees. Her act got the best of her that she unknowingly slept for real in that position.

After two piano pieces, Gino whom was about to get out of the room stopped by the door and saw Yuri who was sleeping curled in a ball position. Gino after recognizing the little girl instructed his butler to call her family.

Not long gone, six adult arrived whom brought a doctor. When the worried grandparents and parents saw their little granddaughter was curled into a ball silently sleeping, they almost cried of the view of their princess. Knowing what their little princess had been through these past few days now seeing her sleep even in such position, they are relieved somehow.