27. Want

When the three went back to the camp with a warlock with them, everyone was intrigued with this situation.

When Meixiang saw everyone already appeared, she especially mention Xian Ji's presence.

"Brother Ji."

Xian Ji step forward with Little Little being idle on his shoulder.

Meixiang signal him. Xian Ji who understood Meixiang's gesture, he recited the information of the warlock on Meixiang's side.

"Aard Striped Hyena are dark magic attribute warlock born with fourth grade cultivation. They usually don't work in group unlike aard spotted hyena. Their life span is only two hundred years so compared to other beasts, their cultivation is faster. Their weakness is a short range combat as their body is fragile. Their strength is their rare dark attribute magic and their speed. Seeing the pattern and color of this aard striped hyena, it is a mutated warlock with dark and earth attribute."

"On it's sixth grade peak level cultivation." Little Little added.

Meixiang nodded satisfied with Xian Ji's performance, "Good."

"Now, everyone heard about the information of this warlock. Although it's still on her sixth grade cultivation, it's cultivation is a lot quicker than other warlocks. Improving it's cultivation with our resources is not a problem. A mutant warlock is rare. Dark magician at that."

"In line with my suggestion before, Brother Chun and Brother Zihan is suitable with this warlock. Think about it."

Bai Zihan said without hesitation, "Little Xiang, I didn't hunt this warlock. Just give it to Little Chun if he wanted it."

Meixiang then look at the undecided Ping Chunhua, "You have all the time, Brother Chun. Everyone can go now. Brother Ji, please stay."

Xian Ji, Meixiang, and the two buffled spiritual beasts remained on the courtyard.

Little Little is the first one to react and express his confusion.

"What happened just now? What did you all just discussed? Ping Chun a water magician to contract this mutant with dark and earth attribute? No. No. No. You asked first if who wanted to contract it. It means anyone can contract it. What is happening here? Huh? Huh?" turning his small head to Meixiang and Xian Ji with puzzled confusion.

Xian Ji didn't respond without Meixiang's signal.

Little Little notice they wouldn't spill the beans. He always know this group is odd. This frightening hair-raising spine-chilling little miss is for sure the culprit! Weighing things, his face full of determination and shouted,

"Then I wanted to have a contract with Master Ji!"

Meixiang raised her left eyebrow with what she heard. Xian Ji felt a tint of excitement but when remembered something he didn't respond, Meixiang saw this scene.

"Brother Ji, what do you think?"

Xian Ji lower his head. He hesitantly responded, "Little Xiang, I---I know Little Xiang only wanted the best for me but---but---- I really didn't dream of becoming the strongest. I enjoyed with Little Little's company. But ofcourse I decided to follow Little Xiang, I would always follow Little Xiang."

Little Little let out a sigh of relief. He somehow felt proud of this. It means his Master Xian Ji also likes him right?

"You choose a mere seventh grade warlock over an ancient beast?"

Little Little's arrogant posture limp. What ancient beast? What is this again? What are they talking about? What the heck!

Xian Ji with unwavering eyes, nodded.

Meixiang just sigh inwardly. This dumb brother of her somehow amaze her sometimes.

"The both of you are weak. If you fully decided then you have to work harder. Cultivate more and do your combat training again while reading those books I gave you. Are you willing?"

Xian Ji was startled. He thought Meixiang wouldn't agree that easily.

The little fox gets down from his shoulder to his embrace looking at Xian Ji in a complicated mood.

Xian Ji lower his head. He pat the little fox's little head, he turn his head to Meixiang. His bright eyes full of colors tell everything. Without hesitation he said, "Little Xiang, Brother Ji is thankful."

Meixiang smiled faintly. His Brother Ji's bright eyes and full of smile face returned. This face reflects happiness just like before but no longer mirrors any carefree behavior.

She indeed plan him to contract the ancient beast but what she wanted him really is to be the best and happy of what he's doing. His brother Ji is like an innocent child while the snow rain fox is a cunning and smart. With a contract binding them, the snow rain fox wouldn't dare to betray Xian Ji.

Meixiang nodded. "Let's do the contract a month later. I'll observe the performance of the two of you. If convinced, we'll execute the contract."

Meixiang before took her leave, she stated her real intention, "I'll leave the care of this hyena to the both of you. Tame her without my assistance when you think you're ready."

When Meixiang completely departed, Xian Ji and Little Little look at the Aard Striped Hyena. Little Little's face full of malice.

(A/N) Aww thanks for keeping up until to this chapter. Your votes flutter me a lot!