In Those Eyes...

I could hear everyone huddling around me, but I couldn't muster up the strength to keep my eyes open any longer. Their voices filled with a mixture of panic, terror, relief and doubt.

Panicking, at the sight of my body lying in front of them, beaten, bruised, broken and barely conscious.

Terror, how had I just taken to the skies in my state and wiped out the remaining Hydra agents in a blink? I shouldn't have had that kind of power.

Relief. That I was alive. Barely. But I was still here, still fighting for them until the end, coming home to them.

Doubtful. Was there anyway I could ever recover from this? Not just physically but mentally? Would I be the same girl they knew me to be?

Loki carefully scooped my fragile body off the ground, ignoring everyone around him protesting. He kept my body close to his protectively as he made his way through the shield the Avengers had made around me.

They moved out of his way as they seen the hard, cold expression on his face, he was dangerous right now and they knew it.

Loki could feel his anger burning through his veins, but the fear was what was eating him alive. He was happy they were dead. However he had wished he had gotten the chance to torture them the same way they had done to his one and only Love.

His mind was made up. She would not be staying here to recover, there was only one place that could provide the care she needed. As he strode to the middle of the empty training ground he stopped, looking to the Avengers.

"I will not negotiate on this, I am taking her to Asgard. To Mother and our healers, where she will receive the finest care."  He challenged each of them as he looked them in the eyes.

"Brother what of Odin? If he finds you back in Asgard?" Thor stepped towards him, he knew Loki was hurting, dangerous even, but he had to be careful and not make rash decisions.

"It's a risk I am willing to take." With that he nodded to his brother before turning his face to the night sky, "Heimdall, bring us back!"

No one dared to object, they watched on helpless as Loki and Y/N's frail body was engulfed by the rainbow light they had come so used to seeing now. Before it was gone Thor ran towards the light, yelling back to the group.

"I will return soon with news of Little One!"

With that they were gone. The lazy haze from the moon was the only light in the cold dark night, an eerie silence filling the air again as the three had disappeared to Asgard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Loki landed on the Bifrost, he landed on one knee, to support himself and her body from the impact of the landing. As he rose slowly, he looked to Heimdall who was staring at her in his arms, his molten eyes one of confusion.

"Loki, what has happened Lady Y/N?" He stepped towards them.

"She almost died protecting information about us from enemies, undergoing testing and torture." Thor's voice came from behind Loki.
He placed his hand on Loki's shoulder, "She would rather have died than give into them...now it is our turn to help her."

Loki stepped towards Heimdall, his voice almost a desperate whisper, "Where is Mother?"

Heimdall closed his eyes briefly, "The gardens." He answered nodding to Loki.

With that Loki was gone in a flash of green, Thor jumped up towards the sky, Mjölnir pulling him swiftly into the sky in pursuit of Loki.

Frigga jumped off the bench, startled as Loki appeared before her, tears in his eyes as he held Y/N's frail body close to his own protectively.

"Please Mother, I can't lose her..." he pleaded.

Thor landed beside his Mother as she reached over to touch Y/N's neck, feeling for a pulse.

"She's still there Loki, do not fear. Her heart is strong. We must move quickly though, I need to assess her condition immediately."

The three hurried to the realms healers as quickly as they could, as they entered the hall, Frigga ushered Loki towards the Soul Forge. The other Ladies rushing to her side, gasping at the body in Loki's arms.

"Place her here, we need to evaluate her. Ladies, this is Y/N, my Son's Soulmate. You do everything in your power to save her, she is apart of this family and I will not accept any fate other than survival." Frigga's tone was stern, but Loki and Thor could sense the panic in her eyes as she worked.

"Boys I'm sorry, but you need to leave. Now." She tore her eyes from Y/N to them, looking from Loki, then to Thor giving him a look.

Loki wouldn't leave quietly.

"B...but but Mother I...surely I can be of help?" Loki stepped towards her.

"No Loki, not this time. Please. For Y/N allow us to do our work my Son please."

Loki stared at his Mother, in disbelief, she wouldn't let him help. Why?

His emotions began creeping up to the surface again, it was as if the world had stopped when he felt Thor tearing him from the room.

He could hear his heart beating in his ears, his vision blurring from the tears escaping his eyes involuntarily, she was being taken from him again. He watched as the doors closed in front of him, struggling against Thor who had his hands restrained as he dragged them away.

"Brother, you must listen to Mother! This is why you brought her here!" Thor was shouting trying to bring Loki back to his senses and out of his own torturous mind. As Loki turned to look at him, Thor's stance faltered slightly. Loki looked wild with fear.

"I cannot lose her again! What part of that do you not understand." He yelled as he took a step towards Thor, daggers appearing in his hands instantly, "It is a terrifying thing when love finally works. This works. We work. But to have her ripped away from me again, that is torture. In the highest form Brother. The smell of her hair, the taste of her lips, the feel of her skin, Brother much like oxygen, I need her to survive this world...when I look at her, I see forever in those eyes."