Loki...

Guys! I can't believe I'm writing this...but it's the final chapter! The end of book two! My goodness what a whirlwind it has been. I just want to thank you all for the support and love you have shown to the book! You guys really are the best :)
I hope you enjoy 💚
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night was tranquil.

No noises seemed to stir.

The wind had long but disappeared.

Leaving an eerie silence lingering over Asgard.

The night sky was clear, scattered with countless stars, twinkling overhead.

It was as if Mother Nature herself was in mourning.

Thor came to Loki's room where I had taken refuge in the rest of the evening after peeling myself off Bucky's tear stained chest to collect me when the time came. I hadn't wanted to face anyone. How could I?

How could I explain to them I was a hollow shell of my former self.

I had gained a new found strength in my body, but lost myself to grief.

I took his arm, after pulling Loki's cloak over my shoulders again and smoothing down my black dress.

Thor looked at me with a sorrow and a pain in his eyes, "No one ever told me that grief, Little One. It feels so much like fear."

"I know. Do you feel as numb as I do?" I asked.

He nodded quietly, and I noticed a few tears escaping his eyes. I moved around to face him, throwing my arms around his neck. Trying my best to comfort him.

"We have a piece of him with us forever, not just in our hearts Thor. And we have each other to lean on for support. I will always be here for you." I mumbled between tears.

We held each other for a little while. Before both of us made our way to the docks in silence hand in hand.

No more words needed to be spoken. We were both grieving. We just needed to be there for one another.

Thousands of people lined the streets down to the docks. Moving out of our way to clear a path as we approached, bowing their heads out of respect for our loss.

I smiled weakly at them as they looked at me sympathetically. Many of them had lost their sons, husbands, brothers or fathers in the war.

I wasn't the only one hurting. That was apparent by the many tear stained faces I met. I needed to keep it together and show my respect for their loss as well.

I let out a long shaky breath, pushing my shoulders back, I straightened myself. I felt like I had a duty to these people too.

Thor noticed the change in my stance and squeezed my hand, "You've got this Little One." He whispered, smiling down at me momentarily before we came to a halt beside Frigga and Odin.

Odin nodded solemnly at me, before turning to the crowds to address his people.

"We are gathered here tonight. As a family." He paused. "Each and every one of you are apart of that family. In times of turmoil and despair we gathered together and fought as one. So together we will mourn and pay our respects as one. Many of you have lost sons, husbands, fathers or brothers. All of you are feeling the grief and loss in your homes as well as in your hearts. As are we. Each and every man on that battlefield fought valiantly and have made you proud. They died protecting us and our home from the evil forces that threatened to take it away from us. We too, lost someone important to us. We lost our Son. Your Prince." Odin paused again, reaching over to place his hand on my shoulder as I struggled to choke back tears. "Loki died fighting to protect our home but most importantly his fiancé. Who he loved and treasured more than anything else in the Nine Realms. I must thank her, for showing him that he was truly worthy. Worthy of love. Worthy to live life as the man he was destined to be. I failed him as a Father for many years and I can only hope he can forgive me after finding his saving grace in her." He smiled at me nodding his head. "We must also celebrate Y/N for stopping Ragnarok. Tonight, however. We commemorate those lost. But fear not, these brave men will continue to their afterlife. Where they will relish in the halls of Valhalla, where they will once more get to be the gallant warriors they were born to be when the time comes. Be proud of the men you raised. Be proud of the warriors they became. Brave. Noble. Fearless. Strong. Still the loss will hurt no less, I can only hope that my words give you some form of comfort in these somber times. The only other thing I can say is thank you. Thank you to each and every one of you who have sacrificed someone you love for our home."