Light It Up...

I had been pacing about Loki's room for sometime now, my stomach in knots. I had no idea what was going on. What Odin wanted to say to him. I could only hope that Loki hadn't lost his temper.

Not that I could speak.

It had been at least an hour now and Loki hadn't returned. "That's it, I'm going to look for you!" I shouted out into an empty room.

I pulled the cloak over my shoulders as I left his room, slamming the door shut and made my way down the hallways. The wind was howling through the large pillars that scattered the halls. Making the flames dance. Casting shadows that seemed to loom all around me.

Something wasn't right. I could feel it.

I burst through the doors of the room I had left him in with Odin. I found it empty.

Loki?

Loki please? Where are you?

There was no reply, he had me shut out.

"Fuck!" I cursed out.

I exited the room, making my way through the maze of hallways to the throne room, "OPEN IT!" I yelled at the guard who was stationed outside the door. He moved quickly, pushing it open for me to stride through.

Odin and Frigga stood, startled by my intrusion.

"Where is he?!" I yelled, I wanted answers.

Frigga looked confused by my anger, "Dear what do you mean?"

I growled at Odin, "I leave him with you and he seems to just disappear. Coincidence? I think not. So I will ask again. Where is he?"

"We have not seen him since I last spoke. I have not harmed him if that is what you are insinuating." Odin stood from the throne and gazed down at me. "Frigga was there, she knows no harm has come to him." Odin nodded, as I studied him, he seemed genuine.

Frigga appeared beside me, placing her hand on my arm. "I promise you dear, he left. He would have made you incredibly proud, he has grown so much." She smiled.

I nodded, "Something is off, I can feel it. He did not return to his room...and I can't reach out to him. I'm worried something bad has happened." I looked to Odin who's face fell, "I must go find him."

"I will summon Thor to help." Odin called after me.

I turned on my heels and fled from the throne room. Running as fast as my legs would allow, through the gardens as the rain fell soaking the fabric of my dress, seeping into my skin. I looked everywhere he had taken me around the gardens and the palace. Only to find...nothing.

The rain was falling harder now, stinging my eyes, and drumming against the ground. My cloak felt heavy on my shoulders as it was sodden with rain. I only had one last option. So I closed my eyes and whistled as loud as I could into the night air.

Shortly after I spotted Hades as he made his way to me, his hind legs sliding gently on the soaking wet grass as he came to a halt as he landed.

"Hey boy, what a night. Huh? Do you think you can take me to Loki?" I patted his neck as I spoke to him.

Hades nuzzled into my arm, then pushed me towards his back. I quickly jumped as he nudged again me with his muzzle, he was anxious too. Something was definitely wrong. I gripped onto his wet mane as we took off into the skies.

He flew up through the clouds above the rain. "Where is he boy?" I whispered. We seemed to be in the sky for an eternity before he began to descend, I threw my shield up around us as we crashed through the clouds. Not that it mattered now as we were both already soaked.